The Moderne Rice Village: Condominiums At 2406 Tangley St.

Urbannizer

On 1/25/2016 at 10:32 PM, bobruss said:

Those last photos appear to have been made by a relative of the previous owner of this property, Charles Schorre, a very respected painter and professor at Rice, who passed away several years ago.His home and studio were there, along with a huge block of granite. Kinkaidalum I'm sure you're familiar with it since you live around there.

The group just updated their webpage. Looks like Tim is not only a relative of the previous owner, but he's also an architect for the project. Neat.

http://www.tourelleventures.com/html/about.html

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm worried about this one. I walk by it almost daily and it has been weeks since I've seen anyone working or even signs of activity. I noticed too that the townhouse right next door is for sale with a "under contract" sign. Not sure I'd want to spend $1 million+ to live next to this building site!

• 5 months later...

Has construction resumed? This one is now known as The Moderne at Rice Village. Edit: December 2017 move-ins according to the listing.

http://www.har.com/site/2406-tangley-401_SITE36579893.htm

Introducing The MODERNE, an ultra-exclusive boutique condominium ideally located adjacent to the Southampton and Rice Village neighborhoods, is now under construction. Houston s only ALL PENTHOUSE building with only 6 full-floor residences, private direct elevator access, open living spaces, sleek finishes and luxurious private master suites. Enjoy beautiful panoramic views, unparalleled lock and leave convenience and an incredible walk score of 93! Hurry, move-in estimated December 2017!

imagejpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Construction to resume next month

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2017/02/22/houston-developer-breathes-new-life-into-stalled.html

Sudhoff Cos. announced plans Feb. 22 to finish out a seven-story, six-unit cond midrise at 2406 Tangley St., across the street from Hanover Southampton apartents. The Houston-based real estate marketing, sales and development firm rebranded the luxury condo — formerly called Morningside Mansion Flats — to The Moderne Rice Village.

Tourelle Ventures LLC initially broke ground on the condo project in 2015. The Houston-based real estate and architecture firm was founded by relatives of the late local artist Charles Schorre, who had his home and studio on the property.

However, Tourelle Ventures couldn’t find any buyers for their units, which were left unfinished for the buyers to finish out, said Jacob Sudhoff, CEO of Sudhoff Cos. In mid-2016, the first-time condo developers stalled their project and approached Sudhoff Cos. for its expertise and equity to finish out the project, Sudhoff said.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived