Amegy Building Garage At 1801 Main St.

IamHouston

22 hours ago, hindesky said:

Crawler crane is being loaded out. What do you see wrong in the pictures?

mhvzO2u.jpg

y1EFYZJ.jpg

That can't be how they normally lift the counterweights... slings are not designed to be point loaded like that. Not to mention the fact that they're not secured; any slip and those suckers are hitting the pavement (as well as whoever is underneath). I wonder if someone forgot to bring the shackles and they all decided to take a DANGEROUS shortcut.

9 hours ago, phillip_white said:

That can't be how they normally lift the counterweights... slings are not designed to be point loaded like that. Not to mention the fact that they're not secured; any slip and those suckers are hitting the pavement (as well as whoever is underneath). I wonder if someone forgot to bring the shackles and they all decided to take a DANGEROUS shortcut.

Actually that is how they are supposed to transported, those lifting lugs are rounded and have a lip on the outside edge to prevent the slings from coming off. The no no is the crane operator leaving the cab while he has a load in the air. Major infraction where I work.

3 hours ago, hindesky said:

Actually that is how they are supposed to transported, those lifting lugs are rounded and have a lip on the outside edge to prevent the slings from coming off. The no no is the crane operator leaving the cab while he has a load in the air. Major infraction where I work.

Interesting. I've never seen lifting lugs for something that size that weren't padeyes. I'll have to give it a closer look next time I see one. Absolutely love all of the new things we learn on this forum! Thanks for the info!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
18 hours ago, hindesky said:

This is going to look nice for a parking garage

I am glad since it is so prominent. Pet Peeve though... wood looking tile as an exterior surface... You want the wall of the building to look like floor? yuck.

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Downtown Amegy Building Garage At 1801 Main St.
  • The title was changed to Amegy Building Garage At 1801 Main St.

Archived