Sign in to follow this  
downtownian

Downtown Density

Based on 2011 data, Uptown in it's entirety has a population density of 5,464 per square mile. I wonder how updated information along with several residential towers coming online soon, would compare.

Anyways really cool info!

I dunno. The gufton ghetto still has some seriously dense zip codes

It's not ghetto the people are very friendly i go there 5 times a week to train for boxing.

• Like 3

Gulfton is besides the point. I am interested in seeing not only how Downtown alone develops, but if we can start seeing higher density in the neighborhoods immediately around downtown and seeing some more mid and high rises, along with more urban type development. Still plenty of underutilized blocks.

not to get off the topic of the gulfton ghetto, but downtown is comprised of a lot more land than just what's bounded by the freeways, according to SN standards anyway...

it includes all of the EaDo area, and also extends a bit beyond I-10 to the north.

not that it makes a big difference informally, which what you picture is exactly all of what is considered downtown in conversation, but I assume the census data is referencing the literal boundaries of neighborhoods, IE super neighborhoods.

anyway, here's a super zoomed out map of the super neighborhoods.

http://www.houstontx.gov/superneighborhoods/snmapsbyzip.pdf

Edited by samagon
  • Like 1

Don't feed the trolls, guys. Responding just eggs them on.

Thanks for cleaning up the thread, it even still flows correctly.

It's not ghetto the people are very friendly i go there 5 times a week to train for boxing.

Slik, I do believe ghetto us a relative term. I personally believe it is ghetto but others may have a different opinion.

Don't feed the trolls, guys. Responding just eggs them on.

I hope you were not implying that my post was trolling cause it is very much on topic to mention an area that is much denser than the projected density figure for downtown when the topic of the thread is downtown being the most dense neighborhood.

Downtown offers a standard of living that the gulfton ghetto will never match, but I doubt I will live to see downtown matching gulftons density levels.

EDIT: don't want to derail the thread or anything but I lived in the SW for about 10 years and that is what gulfton was referred to. I Am NOT Calling Gulfton ghetto. That is the informal name of the neighborhood. Google Gulfton ghetto.

Edited by HoustonIsHome