Proposed Multifamily High-Rise At 1769 Franklin St.

swtsig

Anyone know what is happening on this block?  It appears they have paved 1/3rd of the western part of the block. I know they plan on having part of the block as a surface lot and the remainder as a 24 story apartment.  I was under the impression that groundbreaking is scheduled in the next few weeks. Is this still on?

Anyone know what is happening on this block?  It appears they have paved 1/3rd of the western part of the block. I know they plan on having part of the block as a surface lot and the remainder as a 24 story apartment.  I was under the impression that groundbreaking is scheduled in the next few weeks. Is this still on?

We've been speculating, but we know nothing.  It looked paved when I drove by this morning, but I couldn't tell how much, it was still dark.  Some of the equipment was still out there though.

Here's the rendering again. I'm trying to mentally align it our pictures. The footprint of the building looks to be in the prepped area along Jackson.

1093x1093.jpg

Edited by Nate99
  • Like 2

Bobruss says he talked to one of their execs, and they were halting the project for the time being, but planned on building "the other project" whatever that means. The adjacent lot is suppose to have a 7 story apartment built by an entirely different company, so I do not know what the exec  meant by the "other project" unless he is referring to the Catalyst which is already under construction.

• Like 1

Bobruss says he talked to one of their execs, and they were halting the project for the time being, but planned on building "the other project" whatever that means. The adjacent lot is suppose to have a 7 story apartment built by an entirely different company, so I do not know what the exec  meant by the "other project" unless he is referring to the Catalyst which is already under construction.

I know but we very recently were told this would start in December. Guess I'm just waiting on another source to corroborate what Bobruss said.

• Like 1

I spoke with Darren Sloniger in charge of development from Marquette. I pulled up their website and looked under development and his picture was there so I asked to speak with him. He was very nice and took the time to talk with me about this project. He

said that they were going to put this on hold and hoped to develop this at a later date.

I repeat this project is on hold so no amount of hoping or speculation will move this to a construct status until later notice.

From the horses mouth.

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 3