Proposed Multifamily High-Rise At 1769 Franklin St.

swtsig

That doesn't look like it takes up the whole block.

And I'm just gonna assume all that brown is perforated cor-ten. Nobody crush my dreams please.

You might not be too far off! If that is Corten steel then I approve!

Your other observation is interesting as well. It looks like it only takes up maybe 1/3 of the block.

So before we get to excited with this rendering, what was Marquettes track record of scaling back when it came the the Catalyst?

I remember there being some pretty big change that happened from the initial rendering to the whats currently being built.

So before we get to excited with this rendering, what was Marquettes track record of scaling back when it came the the Catalyst?

I remember there being some pretty big change that happened from the initial rendering to the whats currently being built.

There was a different design for the project, but the Catalyst was only scaled back by one floor.

Block 98 began as a 30+ story tower, but was later increased to 40-floors.

There was a different design for the project, but the Catalyst was only scaled back by one floor.

Block 98 began as a 30+ story tower, but was later increased to 40-floors.

Yea thats right, it shrank one floor, so then Marquette is pretty solid with their initial renderings, what you see is what the final product will be, plus or minus a floor or two.

Looks pretty good to me!

Very Austin..... I like it. I'd be surprised if the finished product incorporated that much glass, though. Of course it's also not hard to imagine construction pricing for material and labor coming back down to earth later this year so who knows.

That's what I was wondering too.....

Isn’t the head of Marquette the guy who said they were considering multiple towers in Houston? I believe it was something along the lines of Houston reminding him of Chicago in the 90's. If so I’m glad to see a developer put his money where his mouth is. I just hope he spreads around the love to midtown as well. One can dream right?

p.s. if someone has the link to that video/interview I’d love to see it again.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...