Krystal Burger

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your average Whataburger is much faster than it was 10 years ago. And Whataburger prices are competitive with other fast food restaurants as their regular fries and drinks compare to others' "biggie" size menu options.

Sales have grown for five years running, Coerver said, and Whataburger

Krystals is nasty! I went there to day on the way home (a little out of the way) but because I wasted to try them so bad I went up there. The mustard and onions is nasty. Mabe I should have tried something diffrent, like the chicken, or the regular burgers.

It is more dense, but give Houston 1,000 years like London has had, and we will fill it in. 

Sun belt cities were designed for "sprawl".

It might take most cities a 1000 years. I suspect Houson will be filled in within 50. With the population doubling every 20+ years there is a lot of growth ahead.

or not... Trust your gut - it was right the first time.

I agree 100%. a godo friend of mine loves them but the few that I have tried were not that good at all. About all I found them good for was as snacks for my kid. They were small enough to fit in his hand when he was little. And plain enough to him that they tasted good.

• 4 weeks later...

I have never understood what you guys see in Whataburger. I ate there once and it was disgusting! Thin little dry slabs of meat buried in soggy lettuce and gross sauce. YUK!

The same goes for Sonic. The food is extremely poor quality and the burgers are soggy. Chipottle, Baja Fresh, even subway blow them all out of the water.

The only hamburger fit to eat is Wendy's!

That's my opinion.

• 1 month later...

I'd never tasted White Castle until about five years ago when I was in Detroit. I would say it is a bit tastier than Krystals but not that much so. Neither is the gold standard of hamburgers, obviously, and I should hate them both but the few times I've had them over the years, they've hit the spot.

Go figure. B)

You are right, they hit the spot!! :lol: But I sure hate having to go all the way to visit my relatives to get a fresh one (the microwave ones are okay in a pinch) when I am having a craving. My favorite hamburger in the world is my dad's--a super fat ground round patty on a lightly toasted Thomas' English Muffin. Cheese, mayo, mustard, fresh tomato and lettuce and sometimes a bit of onion. That is a seriously heavenly burger. Just a good old homemade one!!

• 3 months later...

What ever happened to Krystal Burger expanding?

Rememeber this about a year ago?

Krystal Makes Big Move Into Texas With Three New Exclusive Franchise Agreements, 18 Krystal Restaurants to Open in Next Four Years

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Krystal Lovers Will Soon Travel Near, Not Far To Enjoy The Famous Krystal Hamburger By The Sackful And Krystal's One-Of-A-Kind Big Taste Menu Items.

CHATTANOOGA, TENN., Sept. 20, 2004

• 2 weeks later...

I LOVE Krystal burgers - had more than my rightful share on a road trip last summer. Probably had two dozen Krystals on a three-day trip to Pensacola and as many again when going through Memphis a couple weeks later. So naturally I was thrilled to read that some were making their way to Houston.

Unfortunately, the location they picked was not the greatest. I went twice, about a month apart, and the customer service was always horrible. The first time (several months after the place opened!) the employees were absolutely clueless; the second time, one employee (who apparently ate up almost her entire paycheck in burgers and seemed suprised that her pay was only a few dollars) and the manager had a massive fight right in the middle of the joint instead of taking it out back. (And we were served by the same clueless employee as the first time, still clueless a month later!) So I'm not surprised that Houston did not greet Krystal with the respect they deserved - that franchise is NOT operated to the same standard as any other I've been at.

White Castles are blah. At least, the few I had when in Missouri were underwhelming. The bread was too pasty. Not enough onions and make me add more mustard??? moo. Then again, only ate there once, so it might've been a bad batch. Carl's Jr / Hardy's would be great, though. Love 'em!

And if you saw Krystals in a vending machine... you had BETTER give more details! I might just have to go up to campus with my brother again someday!

And if you saw Krystals in a vending machine... you had BETTER give more details! I might just have to go up to campus with my brother again someday!

:lol:

i have a class that meets every other week at the library - there's a big vending area with one of those "food machines." i think they were a couple bucks or so...i am taking some cash next time just so i can get one! haha

• 1 year later...

haven't heard anything about more locations...bummer (or not - probably good that they aren't near me)

i have a penchant for collecting the containers if they aren't mucked up

i could really go for one of these:

cornpups.jpg

:D:blush:

Edited by sevfiv

Yes of course, we must remain faithful to Whataburger, as it does serve us well. But greasy? Not Whataburger. It's better than that.

By the way, White Castle blows Krystal away. Sorry.

Wow - if WHITE CASTLE is better than Krystal - then, nope. Not going.

Lived in St. Louis. Had White Castle. HATED White Castle.

Ex-husband loved them so much, he celebrated his birthdays there.

That's right - at WHITE CASTLE!

Edited by PapillionWyngs

• 1 year later...

I have been posting on this Krystal Burger thread for 4 years now, and no sign of them coming yet. Does any one have any info on it? We need a new fast food place down here. I wish something like Carl's Jr would come to this area, or Taco Bueno, or In N Out Burger. I thought Houston was getting a Fat Burger in that Target center?

Edited by citykid09

I have been posting on this Krystal Burger thread for 4 years now, and no sign of them coming yet. Does any one have any info on it? We need a new fast food place down here. I wish something like Carl's Jr would come to this area, or Taco Bueno, or In N Out Burger. I thought Houston was getting a Fat Burger in that Target center?

There are actually two Taco Bueno locations in the area... One in The Woodlands and the other in Conroe.