Krystal Burger

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

oh, and if you want to try them, and don't live anywhere near 1960, you can get frozen white castle sliders at several local grocery stores. the taste is comparable to the real ones from what i hear.

and as for steak and shake, they'll probably be down here eventually, there's one in north dallas now. good shakes, though half the time we went there the machine was broken or they were out of shakes. and they're all 24 hours, except in st. louis (but denny's and IHOP close there, don't ask).

• 2 weeks later...
We had one in Lake Charles for about a year. They tried and tried to avertise with no success. They eventually pulled out. I also remember a sweet looking Krystal Burger on Canal around Bourbon in New Orleans about 2 years ago. However, I didn't see it this time around.

The burgers are bite size and only come with mustard and maybe pickle. I'm a fan of lettuce, tomato, & mayo on my burgers, so the bite-size ones didn't do anything for me. They also had some bite size chicken stuff that I can't remember.

On another note (one worth starting a thread over I might add) is that a Louisiana native who started his own chain of chicken tender restaurants called "Raising Cane's" is coming to Houston. I'll fill you in here, but will also post a new thread or blog on it:

Raising Cane's Restaurant To Open In Houston:

Houston Architecture Information Blogs

By: Glen S. Mears Jr.

March 4th, 2005

The new Raising Cane's restaurant is set to open soon on Houston's westside along Westheimer just east of Dairy Ashford. The restaurant is owned by Louisiana native Todd Graves, who after graduating LSU decided to open his own restaurant. After failing to impress all the local banks with his original idea to open a fast food restaurant specializing in fried chicken tenders, he decided to raise the capital himself.

Graves moved to Los Angeles and worked 90 hours weeks as a boilermaker for a short time before meeting a gentleman by the name of "Wild Bill". Wild Bill told Graves to go to Alaska, where fishing brought in big money. Graves soon left for Alaska to work on a Sockeye Salmon commerical fishing boat. This is considered a very dangerous job due to the tretcherous weather up north along with the 20 hour work days and boats constantly ramming each other, jockeying for the best net-casting position . After working for a few years, he had saved up enough money to use as a down-payment to his dream.

He moved back to Baton Rouge, Louisiana and was able to use his captial to secure the loan. He then built the first "Rasing Cane's" in an old rundown building at the entrance to LSU. On August 26th, 1996, Todd Graves opened the first "Raising Cane's" restaurant.

The restaurant features a menu almost entirely of chicken. The house speciality is Fried Chicken Tenders, french fries, cole slaw, garlic bread, and Raising Cane's secret dipping sauce (just imagine a wicked mix of: mayo, katsup & Tony Chachere's seasoning - oooohhh weee! :D)

The name of the restaurant is sweet story itself. Graves was going to originally name the restuarant "Sockeye's" as a tribute to how he raised the money to start his business, but was quickly talked out of it by his friends who let him know how horrible the name was. He then came up with the name "Raising Cane's" after his beautiful golden lab (a must for any wetlands hunter in Louisiana I might add ;)) who he simply called "Cane".

You can go to Raising Cane's Homepage to learn more information about the restaurant.

They should have built this in downtown.

Has no one been? I've tried the one in Carrolton and thought it was great. Totally made to eat lots of them, while Whataburger is made to eat one basically. A "meal" gets you 3 or 4 Krystal burgers or their big 10 burger thing. Reminded me of H&K Go to White Castle. Lines were full as was the drive-thru. Very popular it seemed. Can't imagine it doing any different in H-Town.

For the record, I was being facetious with Hunter. :rolleyes:

Yes I got your meaning and no that is not the closet one to me. Actually unless they recently add one there are no Burger Kings in Beaumont! They all closed. I do recommend that if you are ever over there you shoudl visit the Ryans steak house. They have an all-you-can eat steak bar.

And my favorite restraunt is either Soup-er-Salad or a nice Steak and Sea food house. Crystals burgers are not that good at all. Dry and not much taste to them at all. My lady calls them soyburgers.

MY kids likes them though because they are small.