Krystal Burger

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. I grew up on those things. Back in the day, they had a CRAZY burger called the Big K. Of course it had a thick patty of beef with the normal lettuce, tomato, Ketchup, mustard, mayo, onions and cheese. But what gave it it's signature was it also had a couple of slices of bacon and a roundly cut slice of ham. OOOOO, talk about unhealthy, but it was so good.

Either way, I think those little burgers are going to be a hit here in Houston, especially if they are open late at night. First we get Krispy Kreme, now we finally get Krystals. Now the set is complete.

It's great to see another franchise coming into the houston market, but is it going to make it witht he other big name franchise? Houston has to many resturants, and too many competion. That's one reason why other franchises won't step into houston market cause they afraid of losing money. But let's see how long this Krystal Burgers will last here, and this other one coming to houston, Topz (leanest burgers in america) let's see how they will do in a strong resturant market like houston.

The quirk with Krystals is that they offer bite size burgers for almost nothing, so you have more options as to how much you buy and that sort of thing. For example, four Krystals W/Cheese cost about $2.40. That's typically what the normal person buys, apparently.

All I know is that in Florida, when I was in college, we had a Krystals right across from campus, and it was very popular. They're not the best tasting food in the world but they're no worse, IMO, than most fast food places.

I'm sorry.  But so far, this "Krystal Burger" thing doesnt seem as appetizing as a good, juicy, and greesy, Whataburger. (No. 5 with jalapenos).  That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

Yes of course, we must remain faithful to Whataburger, as it does serve us well. But greasy? Not Whataburger. It's better than that.

By the way, White Castle blows Krystal away. Sorry.

I can't wait, can't wait, can't wait. I grew up on those things. Back in the day, they had a CRAZY burger called the Big K. Of course it had a thick patty of beef with the normal lettuce, tomato, Ketchup, mustard, mayo, onions and cheese. But what gave it it's signature was it also had a couple of slices of bacon and a roundly cut slice of ham. OOOOO, talk about unhealthy, but it was so good.

Either way, I think those little burgers are going to be a hit here in Houston, especially if they are open late at night. First we get Krispy Kreme, now we finally get Krystals. Now the set is complete.

That makes me hungry. Im willing to eat there, but nothing beats whataburger.

Krystals is a totally different animal than anything in Houston right now. For those that have cash flow issues but want a treat, it's Krystals all the way. Gather the loose change in your car and stop by Krystals.

We all know Whataburger is tasty but it is also pricey. Krystals will be a hit I'm sure because of the price, not to mention they don't taste too bad. Plus kids love the size and shape of the burgers.

As much as I love Krystals, White Castle is the King of Late night burgers and do indeed taste better than Krystals. But I don't think White Castle will ever venture south.

Love live the murder burger/gas burger!!!!

I'm sorry.  But so far, this "Krystal Burger" thing doesnt seem as appetizing as a good, juicy, and greesy, Whataburger. (No. 5 with jalapenos).  That's my opinion and I'm sticking with it.

The onion rings are where it's at baby! And don't forget the Krystal pups and corn pups! (Although, I don't think they can beat JCI for a good, greasy hot dog with plenty-o-onions.)

Do you think it will survive here?  They're small, and not very filling.  And we do live in Texas where everything is big.  In my opinion I don't see it surviving.  And yes, Whataburger rocks....

you never get just one there....you get like 5 or 10! The first time I ever visited Chicago, my aunt got us white castle (same size burgers) and ordered 6 a piece for everyone. with all that bread...very filling!!!

you never get just one there....you get like 5 or 10! The first time I ever visited Chicago, my aunt got us white castle (same size burgers) and ordered 6 a piece for everyone. with all that bread...very filling!!!

I know you don't get one....i just don't think it's all the great...it's all bun accompanied by a thin slice of meat.

• 4 weeks later...

the Krystal in Houston has confirmed an opening date... its going to open @ 10am on Monday, November 1. First 72 people in line before 10am will receive food prizes... including a Sackful (that's 12 Krystals) a week for a year to the first 12 people in line. the new Krystal is located at 1623 FM 1960 W.

Do Krystal Burger's have Drive-in's like Sonic? Because in College Station there is a new fast food joint going up and I can not fifure out what it is. It has drive up order windows on both sides of the building like Checkers and In-N-Out Burger, mabe it's one of them????

• 2 weeks later...