8ylVsvJ.jpg

BxtPJod.jpg

Taken Friday, July 8, 2017

H3kxyj2.jpg

ZczoP0A.jpg

W5tBrNP.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 3

The truck receiving area is coming a long.

iqezJwq.jpg

I know it's way to early to mention this, but let's hope they have beer on tap! Maybe like a wall of 10/15 taps..  Most "flagship" HEB's these days have a tap wall.. I think.

Edit: Would love to see the plans. The City of Bellaire has posted drawings via meeting notes, but they're probably not of the interior.

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 3

Photos from today! So massive!

Wonder if they'll have beer on tap? Or maybe an exclusive H-E-B brewery? Gotta compete with Whole Foods Post Oak! :lol:

c5kIhP3.jpg

SFieLKM.jpg

KvHrZcA.jpg

0q3VGE9.jpg

• Like 3

Any kitchen renders? Food Service in general would be nice to look at.

Meeting notes that were posted earlier has elevations. Wonder if kitchen specs would also be included?

Wow, its dark down there. I bet everyone will be vying for a spot up top. And thus there will always be a traffic jam.

• Like 1

They'll almost certainly have a lot more of those new fangled electrical lights in the garage by the time it's open.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So I drove around the construction site, and man the building goes right up to the street. I mean, really close. Making turns coming out of the garage will be like playing Russian Roulette. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, mollusk said:

They'll almost certainly have a lot more of those new fangled electrical lights in the garage by the time it's open.

Have you ever been in a deep parking garage that was really well lit?

22 hours ago, texas911 said:

Yes.  Many times.  It's really not particularly  innovative or unique.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, texas911 said:

Why yes... daily, during the work week, and occasionally on weekends.  Granted, the view ain't much, but the molluskmobile doesn't seem to mind.

Ok you guys win, I just find garages in Houston to be dark, humid, air heavy, moldy places. I guess I don’t go to fancy garages like some of you guys. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Wild to think another "world class" HEB will go up 2.4 miles away in Meyerland.

Guess Meyerland deserves it.  Seems like it is rebuilding as a whole new subdivision. As I like to say.. Meyerland is the new Bellaire :lol:

7 hours ago, Twitter1 said:

Guess Meyerland deserves it.  Seems like it is rebuilding as a whole new subdivision. As I like to say.. Meyerland is the new Bellaire :lol:

Its the new Bellaire except that its governed by city of Houston laws. I think the reason Bellaire and West U/Southside are unique is that they are their own cities with draconian zoning. You won't see a "tower of terror" campaign in those cities!

• Like 1

On 3/24/2018 at 1:56 AM, Twitter1 said:

I mean the metro is huge. I promise you, both HEB's will be packed. 

• Like 1

So I drove by the place and its looking great! Unfortunately, its rendered everything around it as old and tired! Hopefully it will spur new development. Just read on the Chronicle that West U and Bellaire are the richest "places" in Houston and ranked in the nation as well. Something like 16 for West U and 42 for Bellaire. With all that wealth in Bellaire, I often wonder why there isn't more upscale shopping/dining. When I first moved into West U in 1995, the surrounding areas around West U was nowhere near as upscale as it is now. 

23 minutes ago, texas911 said:

So I drove by the place and its looking great! Unfortunately, its rendered everything around it as old and tired! Hopefully it will spur new development. Just read on the Chronicle that West U and Bellaire are the richest "places" in Houston and ranked in the nation as well. Something like 16 for West U and 42 for Bellaire. With all that wealth in Bellaire, I often wonder why there isn't more upscale shopping/dining. When I first moved into West U in 1995, the surrounding areas around West U was nowhere near as upscale as it is now. 

The H-E-B is/was right on the edge where the nice part of Bellaire ended and the crappy part began.

Holy cow that's massive. I must applaud HEB for their forward thinking vision and always excellent execution!

• Like 2

HEB Pharmacy signage is up. This is one nice store!

Vo1LtHU.jpg

wnIu5iz.jpg

Found a strip center remodel across the street! I was told the doctor on the corner owned the strip center.

B6zYoWT.jpg

• Like 1

HEB curbside signage is up, a long with the glass framing.  This grocery store!

6gtNZYz.jpg

kmUXGoz.jpg

M7Ot5KD.jpg

Edited by Twitter1
  • Like 3

Nice pictures! So nice they look like renderings!

That Curbside sign, is there going to be an opening there? All the other instances of the brown brick denotes an entrance.

Edited by texas911

I can imagine designing an urban store on a weird shaped parcel like that is difficult...

however, it also looks a bit awkward. Sidewalks looking a bit small and zero trees along the roadsides make it even worse.

I like the urban concept, however I am not sure if the aesthetic is charming or even attractive.

dont hate me ❤️

Avossos, I am with you in regards to the sidewalk and harsh aesthetic.  It is surprising how close to the street the building is, which can put pedestrians between a wall and a bumper, with not escape route in a bad situation.  Not really a secure feeling when walking.  And, I am sure that those walls will suffer some hits over time.  But, I am convinced that those are trellises between the stone arches and probably on the fences on the garage.  Will probably be filled with Jasmine...of course.  This would soften the building's look, significantly...since there is No room for trees...what-so-ever. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, br0ken_shad0w said:

The original render still had trees so we'll see if they stick to that plan.

The trees in the rendering were only in front of the actual store building; not in front of the parking deck section.  From the photos above, it looks like they will be following that plan. (In Urbannizer's April 16 photo, you can see what appear to be tree wells in the sidewalk.)

Edited by Houston19514