Mab

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2017 at 7:40 PM, mollusk said:

They'll almost certainly have a lot more of those new fangled electrical lights in the garage by the time it's open.

Have you ever been in a deep parking garage that was really well lit?

22 hours ago, texas911 said:

Have you ever been in a deep parking garage that was really well lit?

Why yes... daily, during the work week, and occasionally on weekends.  Granted, the view ain't much, but the molluskmobile doesn't seem to mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Twitter1 said:

Wild to think another "world class" HEB will go up 2.4 miles away in Meyerland.

Guess Meyerland deserves it.  Seems like it is rebuilding as a whole new subdivision. As I like to say.. Meyerland is the new Bellaire :lol:

Its the new Bellaire except that its governed by city of Houston laws. I think the reason Bellaire and West U/Southside are unique is that they are their own cities with draconian zoning. You won't see a "tower of terror" campaign in those cities!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2018 at 1:56 AM, Twitter1 said:

Wild to think another "world class" HEB will go up 2.4 miles away in Meyerland.

Guess Meyerland deserves it.  Seems like it is rebuilding as a whole new subdivision. As I like to say.. Meyerland is the new Bellaire :lol:

I mean the metro is huge. I promise you, both HEB's will be packed. 

So I drove by the place and its looking great! Unfortunately, its rendered everything around it as old and tired! Hopefully it will spur new development. Just read on the Chronicle that West U and Bellaire are the richest "places" in Houston and ranked in the nation as well. Something like 16 for West U and 42 for Bellaire. With all that wealth in Bellaire, I often wonder why there isn't more upscale shopping/dining. When I first moved into West U in 1995, the surrounding areas around West U was nowhere near as upscale as it is now. 

23 minutes ago, texas911 said:

So I drove by the place and its looking great! Unfortunately, its rendered everything around it as old and tired! Hopefully it will spur new development. Just read on the Chronicle that West U and Bellaire are the richest "places" in Houston and ranked in the nation as well. Something like 16 for West U and 42 for Bellaire. With all that wealth in Bellaire, I often wonder why there isn't more upscale shopping/dining. When I first moved into West U in 1995, the surrounding areas around West U was nowhere near as upscale as it is now. 

The H-E-B is/was right on the edge where the nice part of Bellaire ended and the crappy part began.

Archived