Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

Melrose Building to be Redeveloped into a Le Meridien

Mid century is IN. This thing is so freaking hot. The lighting scheme is just some added gravy. 

• Like 5

Those images really highlight the imperfections in the horizontal tile grout lines (dark line running horizontally in middle of several fields).  Hopefully they will be fixing that.

logo-wow.png

^^^ props @urbanize713 @Avossos what a striking evening/dusk display.  not to mention a brilliant idea by the design team.  these illustrations are indeed gorgeous.  i do hope that they are investing into some very serious blackout curtains.  i am stunned.....

• Like 5

Glad it looks good at night. Hoping the day time view is nice, too.

They worked fast. All the signage on the south side was up around 1:30.

Whoa! The building looks amazing with that lighting. I presume they will do the same in the southern facing recesses? And yeah, hopefully black out curtains suffice/they don't get too many complaints from guests.

The original renderings showed a vertical Le Meridien sign on the southeastern corner.. are there any signs of that?

• Like 1

That is incredible.  Seems so rare for a building in Houston to have a really cool lighting scheme.   Love it. 

Seriously.. that is amazing. Hard to believe that an old, seemingly forgotten office building could turn into this. It looks like a brand new building with that lighting scheme!

• Like 1

On 8/12/2017 at 11:43 AM, urbanize713 said:

I would love to see a picture of this from someone flying into town at night, or if a network picked it up for a Rockets/Playoff baseball game.

• Like 2

Hey I went to the bar last night! It was pretty cool. But also chilly. Surprised they have no in door option up there (or fire poles). Glad to have a rooftop bar in DT Houston!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, corbs315 said:

Hey I went to the bar last night! It was pretty cool. But also chilly. Surprised they have no in door option up there (or fire poles). Glad to have a rooftop bar in DT Houston!

How would you describe the vibe? Can I go there’s with an Astros cap on or is it suits and ties only?

50 minutes ago, nate4l1f3 said:

How would you describe the vibe? Can I go there’s with an Astros cap on or is it suits and ties only?

You'll be fine in anything.

Walked by this the other day at night; it is impressive and really stands out with the lighting.  It almost looks like a computer rendering, with the lack of shadows where you expect and the bright green and off-white

I gotta say.......

i absolutely hated the look of this building.......until I didn’t........and then....... I liked it.......especially at night......then......i loved it.....it became beautiful......

It changed..... I didn’t......(when I doubt, blame the building)..........

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 1

I visited the rooftop bar Friday night. It has a great view of Houston Center and the Courthouse area on one side, and the rest of downtown on the other.

• Like 2

Oxbow7 is nice.  Good food, good service.  My brother and I enjoyed it and can recommend.  The rooftop bar is amazing.  I am thinking that it will make a great hangout for the afterwork crowd (or hotel guests).  Very cool. Highly recommend.

On 11/22/2017 at 6:48 AM, sdm1130 said:

I guess the rooftop pool isn't happening?

I wonder what's the ratio of hotel guest that even use the hotel pool.  For me personally I only get in the pool if it's that kind of vacation or the pool is baller.