Le Meridien Hotel At 1121 Walker St.

dbigtex56

I was thinking that would probably get built over by a parking garage for the hotel, but maybe that lot is too big for just a hotel parking garage, I haven't been there in awhile. If such a parking garage had GFR, it would really tie the room together for that little neighborhood.

Combined with the Great Wall of Houston Center renovations, it will help with the flow.

• 2 weeks later...

If there was one building I thought could be restored to an enhanced version of its original appearance, as opposed to as close as possible, it would have been this one. Just not the most gorgeous building, and the thought that New York was building the Seagram building at the same time we were building this shows just how minor a city we were (although it makes our leap forward to One Shell and Pennzoil seem that much more remarkable).

At any rate, if this is restored and the Astrodome is saved, we should once and for all lose the stigma of a city that tears down its history.

^^^ those original turquoise tiles as simply GOD AWFUL!  please, do not let them retain this most profoundly ugly and shocking design aspect.... 

^^^ Lacks appreciation for the finer points of MCM design.  There was a brief period when turquoise buildings were all the rage.  At one point I kept a list of the primary examples in Houston.

^^^ jesus christ, this looks like a circa 1950's hospital in the med center.  no way, they should re-create this god awful 1950's look, in today's 2015 downtown CBD.  this would be a national embarrassment for houston....

Edited by monarch
  • Like 3

^^^ jesus christ, this looks like a circa 1950's hospital in the med center. no way, they should re-create this god awful 1950's look, in today's 2015 downtown CBD. this would be a national embarrassment for houston....

You've stated your opinion on the building. Many people disagree with you.

I think it's going to be awesome!

• Like 1

^^^ jesus christ, this looks like a circa 1950's hospital in the med center.  no way, they should re-create this god awful 1950's look, in today's 2015 downtown CBD.  this would be a national embarrassment for houston....

I'm with you monarch, this is terrible...

• Like 2

^^^ jesus christ, this looks like a circa 1950's hospital in the med center. no way, they should re-create this god awful 1950's look, in today's 2015 downtown CBD. this would be a national embarrassment for houston....

Monarch forgetting to make the usual grammar/spelling errors. Pretty funny.

• Like 2

You've stated your opinion on the building. Many people disagree with you.

I think it's going to be awesome!

^^^ well then, it seems that we have both become equal to some degree.  you've stated your opinion as well, and now many people disagree with you.....

• Like 2

There's a photo on page 29 of the PDF linked above.

MKX8zP6.jpg

I'd be concerned if this were a Best Western but I trust Le Meridian with this building, even if they plan of resurrecting the turquoise spandrels. Can't wait to see the finished product.