Le Meridien Hotel At 1121 Walker St.

dbigtex56

Eh. It's about what I expected. With the design of the building I just didn't see how much different they could possibly make it. But we will be getting a new hotel and a street level restaurant/bar so thats good. I'm still excited about it though.

The name fooled you... LM is not a luxury hotel in the truest sense of the term. It's a nice brand but that's about it. Architecturally the one in San Francisco is similarly architecturally unremarkable.

^^^ not so fast my good pal swtsig.  please reference below illustrations as per a couple of LE MERIDIEN hotels that i have lodged at .  i can assure you that true LUXURY abounds...

mer1848ag.102711_xx.jpg

LE MERIDIEN beach resort phuket, thailand

Le-Meridien-Phuket-Beach-Resort-family-f

this particular resort hotel was a masterpiece.  luxury was everywhere...

Le-Meridien-HKT-OV-JSuiteMP.jpg

the rooms are super luxurious... to die for...

Le-Meridien-resized.gif

LE MERIDIEN dubai. just one of two.  simply gorgeous

18686_009_QmFsbHJvb20=.jpg

i would say that this is quite luxurious... indeed.

8429569_x.jpeg

• Like 3

Monarch, don't confuse resorts and hotels. Marriott resorts can be very nice, but that doesn't make it a luxury hotel brand. I've stayed in the LM in LA and it was nice but not a luxury brand. The building didn't stand out and the location wasn't great either. My only wish would be for balconies. That would be baller if they could incorporate that somehow.

I'm torn.  I like the way they did the turquoise panels and the awning - looks to go with the building.  But that color...is it going to be similar to some of the yellow stucco we've had to deal with?  It might be better for it to just be grey concrete instead of that color.  Then again, it might look better once they paint it (one can hope)

#1 I love it. It's a mid-century modern gem. We have so few of those left, especially downtown. 

#2 I don't think that's gold paint. That's probably just what that material will look like after a good power washing.

#3 It's laughable that anyone would post an interior photo of another LM Hotel and say this one is inferior because they don't like the exterior.

I've always loved the Melrose Building and I am glad they are bringing it back without altering the living hell out of it.

• Like 6

Taking a step back, this is on the next block from the Stowers/Aloft, Catty Corner from the Club Quarters, and on the next block from the Texaco housing project.  Nice little cluster of folks on this block when these projects are done.  Foot traffic after 5PM is great, and thats what these projects are going to do.  

I remember all this delicate flower and moaning when the original redesign for jw was release..hell I remember when we saw the final redendeeing.and people were complaining, turns out to have been better in person than a mock up can accuracy relay. .so when it comes to redoing old building I learn to wait and see how it translate in the real world

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There's gonna be a parking garage built next to this. 

Any details?

I posted a few pages back pics of the soil sampling going on there, so that jives. With Texaco, Aloft and Le Meridien, I'd think there could be an opportunity there for something at the street level too.

Edited by Nate99