Le Meridien Hotel At 1121 Walker St.

dbigtex56

logo_le_meridien.jpg

initially, i was thinking omni brand as per this particular development.  however, le meridien is simply the perfect choice high above the GRB.

i have lodged at many of these hotels throughout the middle east, and i really enjoy their courteous staffers / services.

houston, is getting it's groove back....

• Like 4

is there a link to the Le Meridien info? should that be put in the thread title now? i feel like a bunch of people arent noticing it and there should be more excitement about this. haha

but in all honestly..

this is the most mixed use building to ever go up in Houston.

ground floor retail/restaurants
intermodal transit center
1,900 space parking garage
office building podium
and a freaking LE MERIDIEN to top it all off.

the only thing that could make this sweeter is if the le meridien had residences too.

• Like 4

I'm sorry I guys. I didn't realize it until earlier today that the proposed Le Meridien may not be connected to this proposal. There's a chance that the Le Meridien will be a new building altogether for Downtown.

The hotel brand for this proposed hotel will be announced officially this Spring, but in the meantime I'm going to split all post on the Le Meridien brand into a new thread.

HC2415.pdf

• Like 3

I'm sorry I guys. I didn't realize it until earlier today that the proposed Le Meridien may not be connected to this proposal. There's a chance that the Le Meridien will be a new building altogether for Downtown.

The hotel brand for this proposed hotel will be announced officially this Spring, but in the meantime I'm going to split all post on the Le Meridien brand into a new thread.

attachicon.gifHC2415.pdf

Maybe this is finally coming to life: http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/27262-city-selling-dt-block-101-for-development-capitolruskcrawfordamericas/?p=483552

• Like 1

yeah i was wondering about that site. it will be interesting to see who is going to nab the site next door to/south of OPP, west of Embassy Suites (assuming it hasnt been bought already and is available for sale). thats one of the last remaining properties with decent sight lines of discovery green, unless someone builds something on the same block as ES.

• Like 2

Personally, I don't think that this will be a new structure in downtown. I think it will be in the Houston First planned hotel space.

If it really is yet another hotel on another parcel, I would be surprised.

There are a lot of hotel rooms coming on line within a year or two in downtown. Probably something like 2000 new rooms (JW, holiday inn, Marriott Concention, Houston First, Greenstreet, humble apartments, Hampton inn or whatever it is under construction now, the mysterious aloft hotel..... Did I miss any?).... That is a lot of new capacity. I am struggling to think that developers will plan yet another one.....

Le Meridien will go into the Houston First building.... That's my prediction.

Le Meridien.

Question Time!

This brochure lists 6 Houston Center as "active construction". Can you remind me what the 40 story residential tower is that Trammel Crow is building? Is that the Orange Dreamsicle by the Kim Garage?

There is nothing in the link that suggests a Le Meridien only that there would be an announcement this spring about the hotel above the GHP Tower. Although the 300-400 room hotel does fit within their usual American portfolio. 

This is interesting, SSP has Le Meridien under construction at 25 stories?

http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=28&statusID=2

Listing 1 to 43 of 43 buildings  

Name | Floors | Status | Year | Drawings   • 609 Main at Texas   49   under construction       (1)   • 2929 Weslayan   39   under construction           • Market Square Tower   40   under construction           • BHP Billiton Tower   30   under construction       (1)   • Capitol Tower   35   under construction           • Marriott Marquis Convention Center Hotel   30   under construction           • Residences at Market Square   32   under construction           • 3400 Montrose   30   under construction           • Hilcorp Energy Tower   23   under construction           • Le Meridien Hotel   25   under construction      

43 high rises under construction is pretty good.

That is very interesting, let the suspense begin.

~25 stories is about what the GHP Building is (actually 24 i believe). the location and info seems to indicate it being the GHP Building, as that started construction in 2014, and is on ADLA. nothing else fits that description. now the question is... did a HAIFer or someone get our original info and post/update that in the last day or two.. or has that been listed for a while?

edit. lmao.. there is a map with a beacon showing the location being GHP Building. so is this a new page or has that info been listed on SSP for a while?

Edited by cloud713

What about the old days inn building? Wasnt there a story a few months back that it was being 'gutted'

This is my first post here but the old holiday inn building is going to renovated and turned into a W hotel although I haven't heard from my friend if the current economic forecast could impact that decision and delay the project. 

• Like 1