• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Triton said:

Dumb name change. Although it may be more accurate in location, it almost sounds like it's a tier below the surrounding retail. We're "lower" than the rest!

Well, look at the current retail... Not to mention the beautiful party store across the street.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Visitor said:

No word on this one? Holding out hope that means it will be above average and more exciting than a regular strip mall.

I think it will still have strip mall aspects to it but with a twist, I suppose. I am still so hoping we get a movie theatre here.

1 hour ago, Triton said:

I think it will still have strip mall aspects to it but with a twist, I suppose. I am still so hoping we get a movie theatre here.

I've always been surprised by the desire for another movie theater. I feel like i can drive 10 minutes in any direction and hit one.  I guess other people go to the movies more than i thought and far more than me, haha.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Patrick Egan with Gulf Coast Commercial said the plan for a vertical retail development at the former Tarkett site off Interstate 10 near the Heights is still what they are working toward but because of the complexity of the development the plans are taking time. “A vertically integrated shopping center would fit well with the area,” said Egan. “It’s probably not something we would do in a suburban development.” He estimates final plans by the late third quarter with a 16 to 18 month delivery time frame. No tenant news but Egan did say that parking is planned to be out front of the stores to give a long line of sight and for safety purposes.

http://theleadernews.com/tacos-a-go-go-still-a-go-first-tenant-at-yale-development-july-business-briefs/

On 12/12/2015 at 7:06 PM, Triton said:

That's what I've been saying. This site is so massive it's impressive they are even considering a two story retail development. I think people need to still keep expectations for this site low though even with a double decker retail complex.... this will still be Katyville-like.

Do you guys really expect anything different from Gulf Coast Commercial? I think a lot of people still need to lower their expectations for this site.

• Like 3

On July 22, 2016 at 10:25 PM, Visitor said:

The fact he even mentions parking lots as opposed to parking structures crushes any hope that this wont be a giant let down and wasted opportunity.

What did anyone expect? Katyville isn't ready to support that kind of density. Give it two or three decades.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...