42 minutes ago, SMU1213 said:

That's probably just TCR's deal. Each "building" is just the section between the firewalls. 

I actually thought that might be the case as well. You could be right. I probably could be wrong. Would still be better to be all one permit and not 6 separate ones. Plus its not like each building is a different occupancy type. Its all residential.

• Like 1

Die Katyville, Die!!!

Summer St. just needs a tiny extension to be able to connect just south of Target.  It was surprising when they did the 380 agreement with Kroger that they didn't finish the job and have Summer go all the way through.  I would have to assume that with the addition of all that sq ft, the city would require it for emergency vehicles and traffic plans.

This part of the flyer jumped out at me. 

The 2.5mi radius around this site includes much of the Heights, Montrose and Midtown, and substantially all of Cottage Grove, CBD and 4th ward. The population in this area has gone up less than the city as a whole, apparently, but the median income has more than doubled. This site is basically the tip of the anglo arrow.

Screenshot (11).png

• 1 month later...

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Apartments-and-retail-rising-from-urban-site-13667317.php#photo-17029941

Construction has started on a mixed-use district just west of downtown that’s been several years in the making. Yet the ultimate vision for the project is still in flux.

Trammel Crow Residential has started construction on the apartments, which are going up on the southeast corner of the site. Gulf Coast is also building a shopping center adjacent to the existing Kroger at 1440 Studemont. Total Wine and Ulta Beauty have signed leases for the space. A second retail building is planned for the site, which has been branded as Lower Heights District.

The remaining acreage is on the east side of the property.

“That’s where the densification comes in,” Egan said, referring to possible plans for an office building, additional retail and more apartments.

• Like 4