Chelsea At Museum District: Multifamily High-Rise At 4641 Montrose Blvd.

Urbannizer

• 1 month later...

I'm curious if there's a backside to this, or if they just made on giant wall for a future tower to go up on the north side.

i will go as far as betting - that the backside of this is a complete afterthought. no articulation, definition, or expression. we will be lucky if it even has windows!

• Like 1

I'm curious if there's a backside to this, or if they just made on giant wall for a future tower to go up on the north side.

There are four townhomes where the foundation has just been poured that will go up along the north side of this.  Their view to the south will be....the parking garage of this building.  The short answer to your question is that I do not think a tower will go up on the north side of this building in the near future given that other developers are transforming the lots into townhomes.  

• Like 1

I live two blocks from this site down on Blodgett and agree that it may look a bit goofy when compared to the structures immediately surrounding it (brand new townhome construction on three sides!  I wonder if Urban Living will advertise a high rise is about to go up next door. :) )  However, with the Southmore going up a few blocks to the south, the Hampstead across the street, and potential midrises going up in Midtown, I think this will blend in with an arc of residential structures stretching south from Downtown into the Museum District and Medical Center.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I got these shots of the final parts of the wall of the old strip mall coming down this morning:

Chelsea Demolition - Grabbing the Wall.pdf

Chelsea Demolition - The Wall Falling.pdf

Chelsea Demolition - The Wall is Down.pdf

Edited by houstontexasjack
I hit my max on photo uploads and deleted these old shots to see if I could get more space.
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

According to the developer’s office, they are targeting a late 2019/early 2020 groundbreaking for this project. The current discussion centers around ground floor retail featuring a coffee shop/bakery, small grocery store, and a “high-end” hair and nail salon.

Here’s hoping groundbreaking will be on the earlier side of their target.

• Like 5

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...