Sign in to follow this  
Highway6

Welding Services needed... and I got glass.

I am trying to shorten the structural cross members of a desk to create a new furniture piece.

Looking to remove the middle section out of 5 members (each about 1" round tube) then weld the ends together.  I assume this would need and include putting a smaller diameter tube "peg" at the new joint for added structural integrity.

Any haifers weld and offer their services for such small projects ?

Can any welders gimme a clue as to how much i should pay for services like that?

Also.. doubt i'd be so lucky as to find a welder in need of glass and willing to barter...

But I also have a 3/8" sheet of glass from said desk that I no longer need - 30" x 58"

So does any artist or furnituremaker need a piece of glass.. make me an offer... especially if you also weld.

thanks

You might start with Peck and Company on Dennis Street. This outfit does all kinds of metal work and metal refinishing. I toured the facility several years ago, but I've never actually done business with them. Worth a try.

Found a friend who did the welding..

Figured I'd share my project...

Turned a crap 90's desk with a glass top into a desk half the size utilizing an old breadbasket and engineering drafting table top I had laying around. Breadbasket will be my printing station.

Also..  I still have that glass laying around. 3/8" sheet of glass - 30" x 58"

At this point..  anyone willing to come pick it up.. it's yours.  Direct message me if interested.

photo%25201.JPG

photo%25202.JPG

photo%25203.JPG

Looks like I just missed this one. Let me know if you have any other projects that come up. PM me for more info if you want. Its a side job for me, so its nights and weekends. 

Thanks!