Could Bloomingdales Actually Be Coming To Downtown Houston?

Behind the scenes at my shoot with @Bloomingdales...more coming soon!

B47Q2tYCAAAYxdH.jpg

houston rocket star JAMES HARDIN, is currently preparing for his role for an upcoming commercial shoot regarding bloomingdales.

to date, us HAIFER'S.. are all aware that there has been a small bit of chatter regarding the forthcoming arrival as per bloomingdales to downtown houston.  is there something conjuring up behind the scenes?  james, took the liberty of tweeting this info out this evening.  my curiosity is now on overload capacity.  MOD's, please pardon me if this subject is upon the wrong area.  much obliged, monarch.

I really dont see why they would be doing publicity shoots right now, if it is in the works, its eons away from actually opening.

you could be correct howard.  however, james harden, does countless publicity shoots / commercials.. and we never see him publishing tweets beforehand.  i was just a bit intrigued as per this particular news coming from such a high profile houston basketball star regarding bloomingdales .  coincidental, who knows....

If I recall correctly, didn't the mayor's office indicate, at a planning meeting for DT, that a Houston civic rep would be going to NYC with hopes of bringing back good news? This was like 3-4 weeks ago. 

exactly right!  this is part of the reason that i was so intrigued with harden's tweet...

I am skeptical that a tweet and other news are linked but, I guess it could be.

Here is what I believe:

An upscale dry goods retail chain is coming to downtown again. I have no idea who, what, or when. But, with affluent population growth in DT, mid-town, and EaDo, coupled with 100,000 office commuters, a "smaller scale, urban concept" store by one or several retail chains could make a splash and be profitable.

I am skeptical that a tweet and other news are linked but, I guess it could be.

Here is what I believe:

An upscale dry goods retail chain is coming to downtown again. I have no idea who, what, or when. But, with affluent population growth in DT, mid-town, and EaDo, coupled with 100,000 office commuters, a "smaller scale, urban concept" store by one or several retail chains could make a splash and be profitable.

i concur utterlyurban!  i guess that i just find this timing incredible.  notable rockets star harden.. (why james harden?) plays in downtown houston.. current bloomingdales chatter regarding downtown houston as per notable houston city officials.. quite coincidental indeed.

i concur utterlyurban!  i guess that i just find this timing incredible.  notable rockets star harden.. (why james harden?) plays in downtown houston.. current bloomingdales chatter regarding downtown houston as per notable houston city officials.. quite coincidental indeed.

I guess we just have to wait and see. Do I remember correctly that Bloomingdale's is HQ in NYC?

You may be on to something now, when Macy's was demolished they did say they were scouting another downtown location!

Likely a replacement Macy's. And before anyone asks why is Macy's headquartered in Cincinnati, the original R.H. Macy Co. was acquired in 1994 by Federated Stores, located in Cincinnati. They changed names to Macy's Inc. in 2007 shortly after eliminating every regional nameplate they owned.

• The title was changed to Could Bloomingdales Actually Be Coming To Downtown Houston?

Archived