University Grove: Townhomes At 4008 University Grove St.

The title says town homes, but the article says single family...

They will be very close to the railroad tracks -- I live several blocks away and the trains are loud at my house....I can't imagine how loud they will be for those homes.

http://swamplot.com/39-townhomes-to-rise-up-behind-the-polk-st-kroger-on-east-end-baking-company-land/2014-12-11/

neat.

I recently was driving to the kroger and there happened to be a train approaching this intersection at the same time, no horn, so I think it may already be a quiet zone, either that or the operator was breaking rules.

I think they are working on the quiet zone for the area - not sure how far along they are....

The trains definitely blow their horns in the area...you get used to them pretty quick and the noise is short lived....I actually like the sound of the train itself (not the horns) from a few blocks away - kind of a low, rumbling white-noise thing...I don't know what it would be like with the trains in your back yard though....

I hardly notice them from my house, being right on Broadmoor and Telephone though, I'm far enough away that they aren't right in my backyard though. These will be right in the backyard.

One of my friends had a townhome over off washington, they were 2 houses away from those rail tracks. I was over there once when a train was going by. Couldn't feel it, but sure could hear it. They didn't notice it though, you live with something long enough, and it all becomes white noise.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • The title was changed to University Grove: Townhomes In East End
  • The title was changed to University Grove: Townhomes At 4008 University Grove St.

Archived