So I'm calling apartment complexes today and one of them is:

Greenway Gardens

3131 Timmons

When I ask about their upcoming vacancies, she says "we're not renting at this time", and when I asked "so you're tearing them down", the response was "we are in the process of redevelopment".

Which is code for "we are intending to bulldoze the hell out of everything as soon as legally possible".

According to HCAD, the property was sold to CWS GREENWAY LLC as of 3/27/2014 - another strong indicator that the property will soon meet a wrecking ball.

Finally, it's an affordable apartment complex inside the loop, and we just can't have anymore of those, now can we.

I can't find any other info on this, but I'd bet there's an announcement in the next month or so.

(mods: move to correct forum if this isn't the right one for speculation)

I was at the post office the other day so I took a small detour for some recon at 3131 Timmons.

The place is almost empty it looks like. Parking lot is even thinner than 2220 Westcreek. Big piles of crap near the dumpster, a big screen TV and similar stuff.

Definitely got that "GFTO, Bulldozers Coming Soon" vibe. Timmons isn't really a main drag though. Probably gonna be mid rise multifamily - at least the old place has 257 units, and the speculated replacement has 425.

Wow this was my first apartment inside loop 610 so it is a little sad to read this! it was a great little community! They had great landscaping, a cute pool area and was gated.  Oh well that's progress i suppose. 

• 2 months later...

http://swamplot.com/clearing-out-the-greenway-gardens-apartments-is-a-new-marquis-coming/2015-03-02/

marquis-greenway-lot.jpg

IT SURE LOOKS like demolition is a-coming for the Greenway Gardensapartments at 3131 Timmons Ln. near Greenway Plaza. Either that or the 43-year-old 10-building apartment complex is undergoing a rather brutal first phase of a renovation — as portrayed in the photos shown here, which were taken late last week. The 3-story complex sits on 6-and-a-half acres between W. Alabama St. and Richmond Ave.

CWS Capital, the California real estate firm that bought the complex last March, lists a 425-unit new-construction project named Marquis at Greenway among a list of “current developments” on its website. The company operates 10 other apartment complexes that have names that begin with “Marquis” in the Houston area.

marquis-greenway-excavator.jpg

Brutal indeed! The backhoe in Urbanizer's second pic will destroy that building like JJ Watt taking a claw hammer to a doll house although he would never do that because he is too much a gentleman. It's a different story though if you are a quarterback who is not faster than a bullet train. :lol:

So what would you rather have? Some kind of affordable apartment in the loop, or this comparatively marginal, downright boring "redevelopment"?

I'll admit there are some exciting developments on Westcreek, but it's extremely difficult to call this project - an increase from 3 to 4 stories anything other than "tepid".

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived