KPRC Channel 2 Houston At 8181 Southwest Fwy.

wxman

Can't really spill the beans quite yet but something big is in the works at KPRC. I suspect you'll hear about it and see it in the paper sometime in 2015. Btw, they have hired a new morning weather guy out of Oregon. Should see him on the air in January.

Wish I could disclose more but I can't. In due time...

Can't really spill the beans quite yet but something big is in the works at KPRC. I suspect you'll hear about it and see it in the paper sometime in 2015. Btw, they have hired a new morning weather guy out of Oregon. Should see him on the air in January.

Wish I could disclose more but I can't. In due time...

Wait....I'm confused. Is there like an expansion, a new building?????? Or just a new meteorologist?

So curious. I know you can't say but hopefully is one of the above. :D

Craig Roberts, lol. I'd like to see them bring back Don Armstrong with traffic or Bob Nicholas

I suppose it's not Earth shattering news but it's big for the employees that work there. I'm not sure if it's public knowledge yet or not so I can't really say anything yet. It has nothing to do with new or old anchors. 

They just recently got a new news director who is a lot more pleasant to deal with so hopefully they will be able to keep some talent. Their turnover rate is pretty high compared to other stations I feel like.

The KPRC studios will be used to tape a new pilot TV show with a studio audience as well as a talk show with a studio audience. This will bring in people from all over and become somewhat of a tourist attraction.

Is this just a rumor or actually happening?

We'll find out soon enough. But KPRC-TV's turnover rate is very high in recent years, plus we've got a revolving door of people in KPRC's Sports Department because I don't see people like Simone Eli, Chester Pitts, etc., staying there much longer.

• 2 months later...

So here is the "big" news:

Channel 2 will begin construction of a brand new studio on the same lot as the current building. Construction should begin in June. It's a 3-story, all digital media center and will be built in the back parking lot of the current studios. The current location will remain in use until the building in the back parking lot is completed. Once it is completed, the old building will be demolished. 

As far as employees go, they will park at an off-site location and be shuttled to work for 2 years while construction is underway. I have not seen the renderings but should be pretty nice when completed.

So here is the "big" news:

Channel 2 will begin construction of a brand new studio on the same lot as the current building. Construction should begin in June. It's a 3-story, all digital media center and will be built in the back parking lot of the current studios. The current location will remain in use until the building in the back parking lot is completed. Once it is completed, the old building will be demolished. 

As far as employees go, they will park at an off-site location and be shuttled to work for 2 years while construction is underway. I have not seen the renderings but should be pretty nice when completed.

Well that's pretty disappointing.  Would like to see one of the network affiliates move their studios downtown.

Well that's pretty disappointing.  Would like to see one of the network affiliates move their studios downtown.

Why would they spend downtown money when all they really need is a bunch of open spaces that are soundproof?

Why would they spend downtown money when all they really need is a bunch of open spaces that are soundproof?

Then why build a new building at all?  

FWIW, they also need exposure and public interaction. 

The odd shaped parcel that remains next to Discovery Green would be a great spot for some TV studios.

Is channel 2 moving soon?

Big question is whether KPRC-TV changes their news studio set by moving to the new studio ?

Fox 26 changed their WNYW-style set from 1994 to a more different one after moving to their current studios in 1997.

Another station that I'm hoping for is TBN 39 to move in 28teen. If that it will take the path that My 45 Vision took, and Kirby Drive. I just talk to the Star Family Singers, they said that now El Camino Real will be historic, where the KUBE was located, T22 is moving to a smaller studio, since they no longer carrying local programming.

I agree on Westpark Drive become history, at lease WB 14 would want to move along.

year 20:14 x 2:3 = year 45:39

That's what is all about, If KHTV moves out, the building would be demolished.

Would KETH & KIAH become a partner station?

behind KNUZ on Hillcroft was KTMD & KYAZ, while behind KXLN was KTXH

Big question is whether moving to the new studios will bring new viewers to watch their stations' shows?

• 2 weeks later...

Another station that I'm hoping for is TBN 39 to move in 28teen. If that it will take the path that My 45 Vision took, and Kirby Drive. I just talk to the Star Family Singers, they said that now El Camino Real will be historic, where the KUBE was located, T22 is moving to a smaller studio, since they no longer carrying local programming.

I agree on Westpark Drive become history, at lease WB 14 would want to move along.

year 20:14 x 2:3 = year 45:39

That's what is all about, If KHTV moves out, the building would be demolished.

Would KETH & KIAH become a partner station?

behind KNUZ on Hillcroft was KTMD & KYAZ, while behind KXLN was KTXH

Are you drunk?

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived