Downtown Restaurant And Bar Market

Not that I have any insight into the crack in particular, but one of the stunning features on the inside of Hearsay are these large steel horizontal struts that appear to basically be holding the building together, and look as though they may have been added after the fact.

Sooooo... is the crack going to be repaired? I would hate for one of those "structurally unstable" comments to be made and the thing is demolished

That is apparently the plan, once they figure out how best to do it.  For the time being, there's now a support post underneath the Hearsay sign to take some of the weight off of the front wall.

• Like 1

That is apparently the plan, once they figure out how best to do it.  For the time being, there's now a support post underneath the Hearsay sign to take some of the weight off of the front wall.

I'm glad I saw it and brought it to your attention. I'd hate to lose that building.

This used to have a pizza place called Village Inn Pizza I believe. It also housed

the original Diverse works before a fire gutted it.

Either that or it was a building where the parking lot is now.

Its been a long time since they were here. Probably mid 70's.

I missed this! So in addition to Boots N Shoots on 506 Main and a possible partnership with Conservatory, they're opening another place. Very interesting. Looks like these guys are trying to be downtown's next Bobby Heugel Brad Moore and Ryan Rouse.

Since that story was first written, the For Lease signs have gone back up in the building.  It doesn't look like they are moving forward with that.  Really weird/cool to see Brad Moore get a shout-out in this forum.

• Like 1

Didn't realize the Brewery Tap closed. When I went to their FB page it says they closed, but it will be taken over by new management and will be a different bar. So Hopefully It won't be vacant.

Wow, terrible beer on account of dirty lines, but they've been there since 1987. 

That's unfortunate. I hadn't been there in years, but distinctly remember hoisting a few pints there the very first day it was open, and for a while it became a semi-regular stop whenever I was in the vicinity. It was opened by the original owner of the Gingerman. 

That's unfortunate. I hadn't been there in years, but distinctly remember hoisting a few pints there the very first day it was open, and for a while it became a semi-regular stop whenever I was in the vicinity. It was opened by the original owner of the Gingerman. 

Brewery Tap is only down for maintenance says Houston Chronicle