Are you serious? lol, if you read the whole thread, its got lots of topics. And the UT school/funding is part of the project. Now, who's on topic?

Plus have you ever wondered why UH isn't part of TMC3?

Edited by texas911
  • Like 4

On 5/24/2019 at 12:51 PM, CaptainJilliams said:

This development is actually starting to remind me of a development in Pittsburgh known as Nova Place. Before I moved down to Houston, I attended college just outside of Pittsburgh, so I frequently made trips to the city to watch ball games and see performances, a nice mid-size city.

Nova Place is a renewal project on the north side of town that took the former Allegheny Center (Mall) and turned it into a mixed-use hub with the largest co-working space in the city, restaurants, and even residential units nearby. From what I've heard, it's experienced a decent amount of success and continues to add a lot of tech and medical companies.

You can take a look at it for yourself here: https://novaplace.com/about-nova-place/

I hope Post HTX can be a significantly better version of this, and hopefully grow and add more amenities with time.  

They're going to build the campus out in THREE to FIVE years?!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TheSirDingle said:

2 years to build out this monster of a development, that's insanely quick. They better start digging last year.

This is going to be something special for Houston (Texas as a whole to a certain extent), and bring so much to the table. I might even dare to say it's going to be ICONIC

I don't think they are saying that everything in the renderings will be completed in 2 years.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Start date pushed back from early 2020 to "later this year"

Where and how healthcare is being provided will continue to shift in 2020. The change starts at Houston’s healthcare epicenter, the Texas Medical Center, where the long-awaited

TMC3 expansion project will break ground later this year. The 37-acre campus will add 1.5M SF of collaborative research space, integrating commercial operations with the Texas Medical Centers' institutional knowledge.

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/healthcare/houstons-healthcare-sector-leads-the-way-in-2020-102362
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I wouldn’t take this too literal. I mean later this year could mean a month or two. 

Yeah. It could mean anything. Early 2020 is something one would say the prior year, but "later this year" is something you would say when you are already in that year.

11 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Start date pushed back from early 2020 to "later this year"

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/healthcare/houstons-healthcare-sector-leads-the-way-in-2020-102362

8 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I wouldn’t take this too literal. I mean later this year could mean a month or two. 

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

Yeah. It could mean anything. Early 2020 is something one would say the prior year, but "later this year" is something you would say when you are already in that year.

Agreed, especially when it's nothing more than a minor reference in a story that is not focused on TMC3. (What journalist, especially among Houston journalists, would take the time to look up specific information when a casual generalized bit of fluff will fill the space?)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In earlier renderings It showed the TMC3 project extending south of O.S.T. In a post from ekdrm2d1,  on page 7 oct. 31, the third frame shows the tract and in that image it actually shows this project crossing O.S.T. and actually going right into some guys head. Has that changed?

• Like 1

Yeah it is going over OST because there is going to be that bridge that they showed in the video, the one with the bikes and people and autonomous cars. 

What kind of underrated is that they are building a pedestrian friendly way of getting from the bayou/TMC North/Hermann Park to OST without, you know, dying. 

Edited by X.R.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Triton said:

This thing is going over the bayou on the top?

I doubt it.  The map ends at Braeswood for a reason.

There should fewer cross streets.  The architects should remove E, O, and S streets to improve the pedestrian experience and safety.  It would be awesome to have a long, uninterrupted pedestrian mall.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Geographer said:

I doubt it.  The map ends at Braeswood for a reason.

There should fewer cross streets.  The architects should remove E, O, and S streets to improve the pedestrian experience and safety.  It would be awesome to have a long, uninterrupted pedestrian mall.

Cross streets that don't have through traffic can create a feeling of a more urban environment, and can also provide places for parking, uber drop off/pickup, and loading zones in a way that flows better than dedicated driveways.  If I had to guess, I bet there will be wide crosswalks at all those cross streets, with stop signs and speed tables to keep cars from going to fast through them

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

Plans for the campus call for 1.5 million square feet of buildings and parks designed to look like a double helix DNA strand from above.

McKeon said the TMC3 project is sparking interest and investment from private companies. He already has a letter-of-intent with a major industry player for a 500,000-square-foot-building in the complex.

"We’ll be announcing deal after deal after deal with the industry. It’s amazing the speed and the appetite they’ve had," McKeon said. "The sleeping giant has awoken and now we’re open for business."

1.5 million square feet of buildings in the TMC3, and a "major industry player" is taking up 1/3rd of it? Add in the university facilities, and I have to wonder where is the room left for all this co-op collaborative innovation work that the TMC3 is supposed to support? Kind of seems like they're not building this big enough..

• Like 3