• 2 weeks later...

spacer.png

^^^ my goodness!  this development is actually coming to LIFE.  what a MAGNIFICENT place this is going to become.  heck, in the second illustration, is that an actual SMILE starting to come across the face of the very stoic BLOSSOM HOTEL?  (geeeez, it seems that the BLOSSOM is actually starting to breathe for a change)  this particular development just reeks of possibilities.  houston is finally on the verge...

• Like 3

20 hours ago, DotCom said:

There were some recent comments/questions about the location of upcoming buildings, so I'm reposting the last site plan that I remember seeing.  Last month the Texas A&M Board of Regents was considering "Authorization to Negotiate and Execute a Ground Lease of 2.6252 Acres of Land and Other Agreements Related to the Construction of Up to Two Research and Educational Buildings on the TMC3 Campus".  Then there was a TABS filing a couple weeks ago for "Industry Building Parcel D Bld B".

https://www.tdlr.texas.gov/TABS/Search/Project/TABS2022020772

tmc3-master-plan2-1 (1).png

Interesting that a good chunk of phase one hasn't started yet. Of course they are working on the helix gardens, and they've started construction on the Mixed Use Garage, Collaborative Building, and Industry Building One. But correct me if I'm wrong, they've done no work at all on the Member Institutions building? They for sure have done nothing for the Hotel, Conference Center, and Residential Building, and I don't think the UTHealth or MD Anderson buildings have started either.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Big E said:

Interesting that a good chunk of phase one hasn't started yet. Of course they are working on the helix gardens, and they've started construction on the Mixed Use Garage, Collaborative Building, and Industry Building One. But correct me if I'm wrong, they've done no work at all on the Member Institutions building? They for sure have done nothing for the Hotel, Conference Center, and Residential Building, and I don't think the UTHealth or MD Anderson buildings have started either.

One of the main reasons the UTHealth, MD Anderson, and Texas A&M buildings haven't started yet is due to state funding for CCAP projects (formerly called TRBs)- which fund each project to the tune of $70 million- still being in the process of flowing to the institutions and the institutions then having to get the final approval for the projects from the state. I believe each individual project was delayed past the most recent legislative session to try and get this funding so the previously allocated PUF dollars could then be reallocated to other projects (for example, in Texas A&M's case, the PUF funding displaced from A&M's TMC3 project by CCAP dollars is being moved to build a new small animal teaching hospital in College Station).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3