• The title was changed to TMC Parcel I Garage
2 hours ago, texan said:

The bill passed early this morning and is on its way to Gov. Abbott's desk for approval! The amounts for the TMC3 projects are listed below.

Texas A&M: $69,897,111

MD Anderson: $69,897,111

UT Health Houston: $69,897,111

I believe these projects were already fully funded before so this will mean either larger buildings or (more likely) new projects elsewhere.

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/873/billtext/pdf/SB00052F.pdf#navpanes=0

Thank you for bringing this to light for us. 

• Like 4

Dumb question but wouldn't they want to remove the sand and dirt buildup under the rebar before they pour the concrete for that road?

paving is pretty much always on grade (no vapor barrier). all you need is for the rebar to be clean and have your proper depth for the specified paving.  The subgrade here is probably select fill or lime stabilized material.  As long as there is no organic material (topsoil) they are good to go.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

paving is pretty much always on grade (no vapor barrier). all you need is for the rebar to be clean and have your proper depth for the specified paving.  The subgrade here is probably select fill or lime stabilized material.  As long as there is no organic material (topsoil) they are good to go.

These were my thoughts exactly.

5 hours ago, tangledwoods said:

So that sand I see on top of the asphalt layer under the rebar is fine? Thanks for answering!

• 2 weeks later...