• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 0:25 PM, CREguy13 said:

Greater Houston Partnership has the 'State of the Texas Medical Center' on Thursday with Bill McKeon as the keynote.  I imagine there will be updates on TMC3 progress.

Update from the meeting?

Think I was at a part of TMC3 today.  7211 Bertner Ave.. anybody know what project that address belongs to or can confirm

5 minutes ago, hindesky said:

The sign the city requires them to post is on S. Braeswood near Wyndale but I think parts of it will front both Braeswood and Bertner

Thank you sir.

We took similar photos this week. I’m post mine here shortly 

edit: From the above rendering in the TMC magazine that confirms where I was

Edited by ekdrm2d1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hate to see him go. He seemed to have a genuine love of this project and seemed to be the driving force. I hate to think what his sudden departure could suggest.

I hope this project doesn't lose steam especially since  UT signed up.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Perfectly reasonable to be initially concerned, but like with most changes and transitions to another CEO its all about what skill set is needed for a CEO at a particular time. Now that the idea has been generated and instituted, its probably best that he moves on to the next place where he can began another creative/intellectual project to incubate. Now is the time where you bring in a CEO who knows how to get the big project built. Very rarely do CEO's hold their positions for very long anyway. They are there to simply provide a guiding vision and then move on. The lighthouse has been built, and lite for the ship to follow. Reminds of how people were concerned about the transitioning of CEO's for TCR project (again perfectly reasonable fear), yet they went and got the exact CEO they needed to move the project forward, and look where they are now. Not like TMC is empty of people that can step up and take hold...its the TMC. The biggest and baddest place anyone would want to lead.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

You know looking at the map. If this gets built they really need to shift part of the redline from Greenbriar to Fannin. Thats a difference in like 3-4 normal sized city blocks (the blocks down south are massive). There is currently nothing on Greenbriar but parking lots. Fannin would make more sense.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bisnow's National Healthcare South event is at the Intercontinental on Wednesday, February 27th.  Looking at the agenda there is a big segment where executives of the different hospital partners, along with Bill Mckeon, talk about the Design, Innovation and Impact of TMC3.  There is also a segment where they talk about Development and investment including Major mixed-use campuses with speakers from Medistar and Trammell Crow and Medistar, among others.  I am guessing we will have a LOT of great info. to discuss after this event.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 9:28 PM, CREguy13 said:

Bisnow's National Healthcare South event is at the Intercontinental on Wednesday, February 27th.  Looking at the agenda there is a big segment where executives of the different hospital partners, along with Bill Mckeon, talk about the Design, Innovation and Impact of TMC3.  There is also a segment where they talk about Development and investment including Major mixed-use campuses with speakers from Medistar and Trammell Crow and Medistar, among others.  I am guessing we will have a LOT of great info. to discuss after this event.

So, will we have a HAIF spy at this event? 

• Like 1

On 2/16/2019 at 9:28 PM, CREguy13 said:

Oh I have no doubt that this campus will spur mixed use all around it to cater to the working professionals there. This is going to be epic.

18 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Oh I have no doubt that this campus will spur mixed use all around it to cater to the working professionals there. This is going to be epic.

I couldn't agree more. TMC3 is going to reshape the city. Too many new, high paying jobs, attracting people from typically very urban places (Boston, etc.) mean there will be massive interest in living close to work in the south Houston area.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Timoric said:

Just outside South Loop getting any love? I always wonder about that near Astroworld

Just my opinion, but I'd think the area in between will need to take off first. Might be 10 - 15 years outside the loop given how long I saw midtown take to get a true synergy going. The other issue is that you have 610 cutting off walkable/biking access... so it's not as convenient as something along south main within 610.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, brian0123 said:

Just my opinion, but I'd think the area in between will need to take off first. Might be 10 - 15 years outside the loop given how long I saw midtown take to get a true synergy going. The other issue is that you have 610 cutting off walkable/biking access... so it's not as convenient as something along south main within 610.

I agree. I do think it won’t take as long though to build up the neighborhood. Midtown was a disaster prior to redevelopment but the areas around the TMC have enough potential to develop very fast. I’d say developers will jump on as much land as possible within the first 5 years. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Was skeptical of the new look. Will miss the double helix building in the center, but this is actually going to be better overall. Turning the double helix from a building into a promenade will make this area very unique and give back more public space. This also seems to be an effort to not throw all the 5 institutions money into one basket and instead spread it out more so there will be quicker development of each individual building. Regardless, once this space is finished there will be nothing like it in Houston. We simply don't have promenade/square/continuous urban landscapes like this here.