Bravo!  Hope that this starts to move forward.  With the power and weight of the TMC there is little reason why Houston can't be a world leader in medical/biomedical/nanomedical technologies and research moving into the remainder of the 21st century.

My hope that they think big!  Be bold!

• Like 4

....hmmmm....so, he's not sure if it will happen but there is an awesome model.  i'd say fundraising and investment are either already in full swing or about to be.  even if that plan isn't realized specifically; something will happen in that direction.

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

The Chron is on it, too.

The Texas Medical Center hopes to develop a nearly 30-acre campus with a large retail component, plus a hotel, conference center and  lab and medical space. Conceptual renderings show a rectangular-shaped plot of land with buildings and a helix-shaped plaza and green space in the interior...

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2015/05/texas-medical-center-plans-nearly-30-acre-campus-with-retail-hotel-conference-center/

Edited by lockmat
  • Like 3

Yeah, the Spring Meeting is going off! Lots of great new info about Houston. Granted the theater district master plan was info I was told personally after one of the tours.

it would be cool if maybe they can incorporate a few of the ideas from like 10 years ago when they started looking into developing for example towards the end of the theather district close to buffalo bayou they were thinking of " festival place" where festivals of all kinds could happen i believe it is within the vicinity of the post office, sorry a bit of topic thanks for the info.

• 1 month later...

Its not super out there, but this is certainly upping Houston's architectural game. Many people on here have been talking about Bio-tech type stuff would be the next pillar of industry in this town, and this would definitely place us firmly in it.

• Like 4

Game changer is used far too often on this forum, but I feel the phrase is appropriate in this instance.. Wow! Hopefully they stick to the design plan. This would completely transform the vibe of the TMC and boost the level of local medical research to even greater heights.

• Like 1

Agreed Luminare.. This would make for a fantastic central hub for bio tech companies to set up shop, allowing for them to collaborate with the local medical research institutions. Bio tech will definitely be a big part of our future, and this is a perfect way to lure them in, right next door to our world class Texas Medical Center.

Its not super out there, but this is certainly upping Houston's architectural game. Many people on here have been talking about Bio-tech type stuff would be the next pillar of industry in this town, and this would definitely place us firmly in it.

I know the University of Houston is also investing heavily in this industry. 

• Like 4