British International School Of Houston At 2203 North Westgreen Blvd.

toxtethogrady

The linked article wasn't clear on whether this would be an additional campus, or whether they will relocate from the current site, but the press release states that they will relocate and close the existing campus (and presumably put the property up for sale): 

http://www.nordangliaeducation.com/our-schools/houston/article/2014/11/11/a-new-campus-for-the-british-international-school-of-houston

The current campus has housed a succession of schools since the early 1970s, when it was built for Northwest Academy, the predecessor to both Houston Christian High School and First Baptist Academy. It was vacated when the new HCHS facility was built off of Beltway 8, and the British International School subsequently took over in 2000. 

• 1 month later...

https://www.bisnow.com/archives/newsletter/commercial-real-estate/houston/3644-the-deal-sheet/

The British International School of Houston (BISH) acquired 33 acres on the southwest corner of Westgreen Boulevard and Franz Road in West Houston for a new campus. The location is a mile north of I-10 and 2.3 miles east of the Grand Parkway. BISH will build a 274k SF and 2,000-seat campus to serve Pre-K through 12th grade, which will open in September 2016. BISH's current campus seats 1,000 and will close when the new facilities open. Cushman & Wakefield's Andrew Spence and Cape Bell repped the buyer. John Deboben repped seller KUT Partners.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 2/18/2016 at 9:00 AM, mkultra25 said:

That looks huge compared to their current campus. They've gotta be either bursting at the seams now or expecting significant growth in the future. Or both. 

I bet they moved out there because it's close to BP's campus and the Energy Corridor. I would like to see a map of the Briish expats in Houston.

I wonder if more private schools will sell their inner city plots and move out to the burbs.

• The title was changed to British International School Of Houston At 2203 North Westgreen Blvd.

Archived