Sign in to follow this  
Urbannizer

Museum BLVD (4819 Caroline St): 6-Story Condo Building

Nope.  A Surge Homes rep confirmed to me on the phone the project is moving forward.  I suspect the article might be confusing the vacant lot to the north of the Oaks on Caroline on which no construction is presently taking place.

Edit:  In looking at the size of this parcel, it might be for a first floor garage of Museum BLVD.  The parcel is a little under 20,000 square feet, so a 16,000 square foot first floor garage might make sense.

Edited by houstontexasjack
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, houstontexasjack said:

Nope.  A Surge Homes rep confirmed to me on the phone the project is moving forward.  I suspect the article might be confusing the vacant lot to the north of the Oaks on Caroline on which no construction is presently taking place.

Edit:  In looking at the size of this parcel, it might be for a first floor garage of Museum BLVD.  The parcel is a little under 20,000 square feet, so a 16,000 square foot first floor garage might make sense.

Your edit sound right. As seen in hindesky's last photo, the parking level is already up. Whoever's behind the article should check here before posting.. 🙂

The empty lot across from Oaks on Caroline is proposed as two condo buildings by the same developer.

• Like 2

Slow going on this project but then they went really slow on their other project in Midtown, Parc.

zg2B9Y0.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Surge Homes had a nice condo building planned for 615 West Alabama.

Current location of The Blue Bird Circle Resale Shop.

2 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Surge Homes had a nice condo building planned for 615 West Alabama. Construction costs and tariffs euthanized Isabella at Midtown so I'm sure 615 W Alabama is a no go as well.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/73515941/PRESENTATION-DESIGN

3700c973515941.5c0c0faab7bb4.jpg

The lot referenced in the link at 1820 Binz is up for sale. I suspect Surge is limiting their ambitions at the moment, given the progress on Museum BLVD.

16 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

Surge Homes had a nice condo building planned for 615 West Alabama. Construction costs and tariffs euthanized Isabella at Midtown so I'm sure 615 W Alabama is a no go as well.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/73515941/PRESENTATION-DESIGN

3700c973515941.5c0c0faab7bb4.jpg

Hopefully this forces Surge to actually invest in more moderated growth than putting all their eggs in one investment basket. All these companies banking on EB-5 are encountering a kind of reckoning of late. Its such a bs speculative market, and they should have known better to rely a big portion of their business on what could definitely be described as a "backdoor" option. Its their own fault, and they should pay for it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Houston19514 said:

Will this condo building have a ositive or negative effect on the value of the adjoining townhomes?  Thoughts?

Probably depends on who you ask. I really like those townhomes, but this looks really nice, too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Will this condo building have a ositive or negative effect on the value of the adjoining townhomes?  Thoughts?

I think they will have a positive impact on the value of nearby townhomes.  I think we’ll start seeing more of these small-scale condo buildings going up in the Museum District and Midtown as the area gets saturated.  As lots get developed, land becomes scarce and prices go up.   Simple supply and demand.  The more expensive the land, the more units developers will cram into each lot, and the more valuable each of these units will be.  

• Like 2