Sugar Land Future Beyond Bissonet

Marcus Allen

I hope and pray to the development gods that the SL district along HWY 6 doesn't follow the trend of strip malls aplenty beyond the county line. I take the Hwy 6 route into SL at least 3 times weekly and am hoping for a less generic solution to that areas growth problems. I am specifically talking about the location on the east side of Hwy 6 between the city line and Hwy 90. Anyone in the know regarding how that area is to be filled?

Since the city limits covers both sides of 90 I'm not sure what area your referring to, but lots of retail is slated to go up in that area. Even heard the development at 90 and 6 will be similar to Katy's La Centerra when completed.

And look for more retail by the ball park and old sugar factory to go up soon. 

I hope and pray to the development gods that the SL district along HWY 6 doesn't follow the trend of strip malls aplenty beyond the county line. I take the Hwy 6 route into SL at least 3 times weekly and am hoping for a less generic solution to that areas growth problems. I am specifically talking about the location on the east side of Hwy 6 between the city line and Hwy 90. Anyone in the know regarding how that area is to be filled?

• The title was changed to Sugar Land Future Beyond Bissonet

Archived