Sign in to follow this  
bedmondson

Heights Central: 927 Studewood

Anyone have information about this property? Its next to the Glasswall property.  Fencing has been put up around it and looks like maybe a pending demo?

Awhile back I was told by a principal from Glasswall that the property had been donated by the owners to the Archdiocese and now the Archdiocese is/was selling it.  That is the supposed hold up why nothing had happened to that property.  I'll try to get more info.

Yes, pending demo.  Now owned by group that already has a restaurant in the Heights.

Looks like its gonna be an expensive parking lot for Glass Wall... Crushed rock has been spread and leveled over the majority of the property and vehicle access has been made through the neighboring fence. (I would post a picture but I can not for the life of me figure out how.)

Looks like its gonna be an expensive parking lot for Glass Wall... Crushed rock has been spread and leveled over the majority of the property and vehicle access has been made through the neighboring fence. (I would post a picture but I can not for the life of me figure out how.)

They'll soon be losing access to the lot across 10th St, so, to the extent CoH parking minimums can make sense, this makes sense.

Heights Central is a new office/retail building with retail on the first floor and two floors of office space in the heart of The Heights. This is the primary north/south road on the eastern side of The Heights and the upscale restaurant and shopping area. Approximately 3,500 SF of retail on the first floor. Second and third floors have approximately 5,000 SF. Excellent parking availability for the project with access from Studewood St. and Omar St.

http://www.newquest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/HeightsCentral.pdf

• Like 1

I love that it is mixed use, however,  I am concerned that Studewood is going to end up having a lot of tall buildings that will crowd out the smaller structures.  Yale St. already has so many ridiculous tall buildings (I am referring to the multiple townhomes with 5 different types of siding because why would a developer pick just one!) and the older structures on Heights and next door to the lot-line monstrosities have no light.  Does the Planning Department limit the height?

Now that's accuracy in rendering - a true to life rendition of the person FINALLY able to turn off Studewood after being stuck behind the yahoo blitzing down the street at 15 mph 'cause they apparently can't figure out what to do with a mix of named and numbered cross streets.

If the description of the property says 15,000 sq ft and only 8,500 sq ft of office space is for rent. I would assume that means there is retail signed up already for the ground floor.

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2015/11/05/medical-office-building-proposed-for-the-heights.html

A proposed medical office building would be the first developed in the Heights since 2007, according to Transwestern.

The Houston-based real estate firm has been selected to provide leasing services for the 15,000-square-foot building, called Heights Central. The building will be at the northwest corner of Studewood and Omar streets and is expected to be complete in the fourth quarter of 2016.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Visitor said:

Looks like it belongs on a college campus circa 1977...

For some of us, being on a college campus circa 1977 would be a strong selling point. ;)

• Like 2