Heights Central: Retail At 927 Studewood St.

bedmondson

Awhile back I was told by a principal from Glasswall that the property had been donated by the owners to the Archdiocese and now the Archdiocese is/was selling it.  That is the supposed hold up why nothing had happened to that property.  I'll try to get more info.

• 5 months later...
Looks like its gonna be an expensive parking lot for Glass Wall... Crushed rock has been spread and leveled over the majority of the property and vehicle access has been made through the neighboring fence. (I would post a picture but I can not for the life of me figure out how.)

Looks like its gonna be an expensive parking lot for Glass Wall... Crushed rock has been spread and leveled over the majority of the property and vehicle access has been made through the neighboring fence. (I would post a picture but I can not for the life of me figure out how.)

They'll soon be losing access to the lot across 10th St, so, to the extent CoH parking minimums can make sense, this makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Heights Central is a new office/retail building with retail on the first floor and two floors of office space in the heart of The Heights. This is the primary north/south road on the eastern side of The Heights and the upscale restaurant and shopping area. Approximately 3,500 SF of retail on the first floor. Second and third floors have approximately 5,000 SF. Excellent parking availability for the project with access from Studewood St. and Omar St.

http://www.newquest.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/HeightsCentral.pdf

• Like 2

I love that it is mixed use, however,  I am concerned that Studewood is going to end up having a lot of tall buildings that will crowd out the smaller structures.  Yale St. already has so many ridiculous tall buildings (I am referring to the multiple townhomes with 5 different types of siding because why would a developer pick just one!) and the older structures on Heights and next door to the lot-line monstrosities have no light.  Does the Planning Department limit the height?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Now that's accuracy in rendering - a true to life rendition of the person FINALLY able to turn off Studewood after being stuck behind the yahoo blitzing down the street at 15 mph 'cause they apparently can't figure out what to do with a mix of named and numbered cross streets.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2015/11/05/medical-office-building-proposed-for-the-heights.html

A proposed medical office building would be the first developed in the Heights since 2007, according to Transwestern.

The Houston-based real estate firm has been selected to provide leasing services for the 15,000-square-foot building, called Heights Central. The building will be at the northwest corner of Studewood and Omar streets and is expected to be complete in the fourth quarter of 2016.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

PapaBubble, a confectionery specializing in artisan caramels, will be a tenant at Heights Central. The candy shop based out of Spain leased the ground floor retail unit, 927 Studewood St, Suite 120.

I spotted an entity filing for this earlier in the year and assumed this would likely end up opening in either Asiatown or the Uptown area. But according to an April filing with Texas Department  of Licensing and Regulations, the shop will operate in the Greater Heights.

https://papabubble.com

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to Heights Central: 927 Studewood St.
  • 2 months later...
On 6/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

PapaBubble, a confectionery specializing in artisan caramels, will be a tenant at Heights Central. The candy shop based out of Spain leased the ground floor retail unit, 927 Studewood St, Suite 120.

I spotted an entity filing for this earlier in the year and assumed this would likely end up opening in either Asiatown or the Uptown area. But according to an April filing with Texas Department  of Licensing and Regulations, the shop will operate in the Greater Heights.

https://papabubble.com

Papabubble anticipates opening in October, according to a recent job listing:

"Papabubble is a custom candy making franchise from Europe, and we'll be opening in the Heights in October."

https://poachedjobs.com/jobs/houston-tx-kitchen-jobs-papabubble-candy-maker

The candy shop is located in Heights Central, 927 Studewood St, Suite 120.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

An update on Papabubble's Houston location from Community Impact earlier this month.

"Construction is underway on a new location of the Barcelona-based candy store Papabubble at 927 Studewood St., Ste. 120, Houston, with expectations to open to the public around late December or early January."

"The shop is known for its store design, which allows customers to view the candy-making process, including the addition of color and the shaping, pulling and cutting of the candy, shop owner and manager Jesse Cushman said."

"The online store is open and running out of a ghost kitchen in the Galleria area until the main shop opens up, Cushman said."

https://communityimpact.com/houston/heights-river-oaks-montrose/business/2022/11/03/new-candy-shop-in-the-heights-will-allow-customers-to-watch-treats-be-made/

Photo from Community Impact.

A7LVP2F.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 2:33 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

An update on Papabubble's Houston location from Community Impact earlier this month.

"Construction is underway on a new location of the Barcelona-based candy store Papabubble at 927 Studewood St., Ste. 120, Houston, with expectations to open to the public around late December or early January."

In the last week or week and a half, Papabubble updated its bio on Instagram. The artisan candy store will open in 2023.

PapaBubble is  located in Heights Central, 927 Studewood St, Suite 120.

https://www.instagram.com/papabubble_htx/

• 3 months later...
  • The title was changed to Heights Central: Retail At 927 Studewood St.
  • 3 weeks later...