The Montrose At Buffalo Bayou: Multifamily At 1320 Montrose Blvd.

fernz

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

cr=w:1600,h:1000,a:cc

See the six 4-story homes on the top left? I almost bought the one on the far right until I discovered this project. It was a really nice house - very high end on the inside. I was so bummed but so glad I didn't buy. FYI I really wanted a pre-WWII house but man I spent 10 months looking for one that would work and could never make it happen. Still looking!

8 hours ago, TOJF said:

See the six 4-story homes on the top left? I almost bought the one on the far right until I discovered this project. It was a really nice house - very high end on the inside. I was so bummed but so glad I didn't buy. FYI I really wanted a pre-WWII house but man I spent 10 months looking for one that would work and could never make it happen. Still looking!

Look in Old 6th Ward.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:00 AM, TOJF said:

Just curious but were you worried about the view or just didn't prefer living next to an apartment complex?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2019 at 4:22 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Just curious but were you worried about the view or just didn't prefer living next to an apartment complex?

Mostly did not want to be close to the apartment complex, but the view was a part of it. This house had all it's primary windows facing east. Had there been a lot of windows facing another direction I would have still slightly considered it as it was a very nice house, albeit not pre-WWII that was ideal. The rooftop deck had clear views south and west as well, but just being right there across the street in the center of an 8 story apartment complex was a no way for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So it looks like the pool is facing east with 5 stories on all other sides? Drives me nuts when apartments do this. Sure there are only five stories above it but it will still significantly affect the amount of sun exposure, especially in the Fall/Winter/Spring... The south side of the pool will only get sun in the very early hours of the morning... Afternoons will be terrible.  -facepalm-

3 minutes ago, TOJF said:

So it looks like the pool is facing east with 5 stories on all other sides? Drives me nuts when apartments do this. Sure there are only five stories above it but it will still significantly affect the amount of sun exposure, especially in the Fall/Winter/Spring... The south side of the pool will only get sun in the very early hours of the morning... Afternoons will be terrible.  -facepalm-

I guess that they are prioritizing views of downtown over sun exposure.  

17 minutes ago, jmitch94 said:

I guess that they are prioritizing views of downtown over sun exposure.  

They do have a west facing outdoor area so hopefulyl there will be some lounge chairs there to get some sun (only on the north side of the areas though)...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived