fernz

The Montrose at Buffalo Bayou: 8-Stories, 240 Units by Sunrise Luxury Living

I'm all for development but if the renderings are accurate, this monster has zero character, is completely cookie-cutter, and adds nothing to the neighborhood feel of the area... And once again, another blown opportunity with the lack of ground level retail.

3 hours ago, InTheLoopFromNYC said:

I'm all for development but if the renderings are accurate, this monster has zero character, is completely cookie-cutter, and adds nothing to the neighborhood feel of the area... And once again, another blown opportunity with the lack of ground level retail.

🐂💩

Edited by Response
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Watching those guys work from above makes me think eventually we'll have drones over our constructions sites all day long for the supervisors to watch. We're already using drones that can scan our laydown yards to see how much material is moving out everyday. How long will it be before a drone operator is a standard position on every construction site that comes in everyday and puts up his drone(s)? Has anyone heard of something like this happening yet? 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, clutchcity94 said:

Is your Facebook group on Reddit?

I don't know, it's a tower crane operator group.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:53 PM, hindesky said:

YbcdYrS.jpg

Just a thought and opinion here.  But, seeing this turquoise color gives me ideas about how nice it would be to have more of these subtle yet colorful buildings downtown and especially near the Buffalo Bayou (River).  Infusing color, without being too tacky or overdoing it, would really lift the appearance and visual mood of our city.  I think if done thoughtfully and fully in the long run, it could give a city like Miami a run for it's money, so to speak, sans the beach front with crystal clear blue waters.  Another thing Houston has over Miami ?  Well, Miami will go "under water" with rising sea levels LONG before Houston does, since we are basically at an average elevation above 50 feet, from 20 feet in the very far SE part of the county, all the way up to around 150 feet in the far west and NW parts of the county.  In this way, it's always best to buck the trend of negative thinking about our city as too water logged or flood prone (yes I know it can be) or too "gray or brown" in color.  In addition, TREES look at our TREES around many parts of the city that are second to none in terms of coverage and height.  Anyway, this looks like it will be a very pleasant and welcome addition to Buffalo Bayou living, color or no color.

• Like 1

The problem is its going to look cruddy if it gets streaked with mildew and the paint fades over time. I think you'd have to go with a less saturated color. I'm kind of partial to very light green, like you see in scandinavia but also the deep south. Or a pinkish color, though pink is kinda ugly. Maybe Charleston, SC could be a reasonable example of adding color:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_Quarter_(Charleston,_South_Carolina)

• Like 1

Truck is delivering sheetrock and being taken up by the construction elevator.

6qXhpdh.jpg

• Like 9