The Montrose At Buffalo Bayou: Multifamily At 1320 Montrose Blvd.

fernz

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been looking in Montrose for a new house for several months now and just yesterday finally found my perfect house on W Bell. It is pretty awesome for a new house with awesome views of downtown. My home search has been difficult so I was so pumped about this place. Of course I started searching online about the area to make sure there weren't going to be any surprises or developments that would make this house less desirable. I found the Chronicle article and now this. Ugh. So annoyed. It is kind of funny though, the house I want is a 4 story small footprint home that blocked the views of other homes behind it, so now it is payback time. I just wish I had never found it in the first place.

So how long do you guys think it will be before they actually break ground? It's been 4 years since they announced this thing! And unless they sell the land to someone else I won't even consider buying it. I could deal with losing the view(at the right price) but not having an 8 story apartment complex across the street.

18 hours ago, Avossos said:

The townhouse that it sounds you love, replaced a single family historic home others may have loved. Now townhomes owners are pretty upset about even bigger developments... and the cycle continues.

I absolutely agree and have mentioned to a few friends how payback is a biyatch. I was interested in a another newer home as well an dug into Google Earth to see what was there before and saw such a wonderful old home that was demolished and it made me feel sad. I was a teenager in the 80s and was in the Montrose area a lot back then and loved it, and sadly it has changed so much for mostly the worse. My current home search includes pre-WWII homes as well but they are hard to find in a condition that works for me, but my search continues hoping for something good. The newer homes are still an option as well, but they have to be close to perfect, and this one was more than close until I knew about these apartments. Thankfully I have time and patience to find another one.

Edited by TOJF

• 1 month later...

https://www.sunriseluxuryliving.com/sunrise-montrose-apartments-coming-2015/

Sunrise Montrose – Starting Construction Third Quarter 2018

Permits were issued for this one last week as well. 

Project No: 14131481
Date : 2018/10/05 00:00:00
USE : MID-RISE SHELL & CORE APRTMNTS (M-12)1-
Owner/Occupant : *MONTROSE APARTMENTS
Job Address : 1320 MONTROSE BLVD 77019
Valuation : $ 5,000,000
Permit Type : 13
FCC Group : Structures Other than Buildings
Buyer : *ARCH CON CORPORTATION
Address : 1355 W GRAY DR 77019
Phone : (713) 255-7460

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, thatguysly said:

With this building and the old boat shop at the corner of Montrose and West Grey slowly coming down, U-Plumb It is about to be sandwiched between to developments.

Boat shop is not coming down... it's being renovated / restored.

Edited by Avossos
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

Thats the next block over. I'm talking about this project:

Ah, the Asian restaurant @j_cuevas713 was asking about is being replaced by the high-rise.

The existing building next door may have the same GC but is being renovated by a different developer. Let’s keep them separate for those who are only looking for updates on Reve at Montrose.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Ah, the Asian restaurant @j_cuevas713 was asking about is being replaced by the high-rise.

The existing building next door may have the same GC but is being renovated by a different developer. Let’s keep them separate for those who are only looking for updates on Reve at Montrose.

Sounds good, thank you Urb!

• Like 1