fernz

The Montrose at Buffalo Bayou: 8-stories, 240 Units by Sunrise Luxury Living

I noticed the 1308 Annex is now open for breakfast brunch on weekends. They used to be when they first opened but it went away, I guess the extra business warranted being open more hours.

3 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

The-Montrose-1-e1545232704864.jpg

The-Montrose-5-e1545232682872.jpg

Holy crap! That esplanade certainly has grown. Either the artist has taken some liberties with perspective, or North Montrose now has a slightly smaller Central Park in its midst.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

With this building and the old boat shop at the corner of Montrose and West Grey slowly coming down, U-Plumb It is about to be sandwiched between to developments.

2 hours ago, thatguysly said:

With this building and the old boat shop at the corner of Montrose and West Grey slowly coming down, U-Plumb It is about to be sandwiched between to developments.

Boat shop is not coming down... it's being renovated / restored.

Edited by Avossos
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Avossos said:

Boat shop is not coming down... it's being renovated / restored.

Oh cool. I was wondering why it wasn't just being knocked over but could see activity. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Where is the thread for the other one replacing that Asian restaurant?

Shouldn't we just combine both of those? Same block and being done by Arch-Con.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Shouldn't we just combine both of those? Same block and being done by Arch-Con.

Nah, separate probjects by different developers.

Here’s the thread

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Urbannizer said:

Nah, separate probjects by different developers.

Here’s the thread

Thats the next block over. I'm talking about this project:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Luminare said:

Thats the next block over. I'm talking about this project:

Ah, the Asian restaurant @j_cuevas713 was asking about is being replaced by the high-rise.

The existing building next door may have the same GC but is being renovated by a different developer. Let’s keep them separate for those who are only looking for updates on Reve at Montrose.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

Ah, the Asian restaurant @j_cuevas713 was asking about is being replaced by the high-rise.

The existing building next door may have the same GC but is being renovated by a different developer. Let’s keep them separate for those who are only looking for updates on Reve at Montrose.

Sounds good, thank you Urb!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

cr=w:1600,h:1000,a:cc

See the six 4-story homes on the top left? I almost bought the one on the far right until I discovered this project. It was a really nice house - very high end on the inside. I was so bummed but so glad I didn't buy. FYI I really wanted a pre-WWII house but man I spent 10 months looking for one that would work and could never make it happen. Still looking!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TOJF said:

See the six 4-story homes on the top left? I almost bought the one on the far right until I discovered this project. It was a really nice house - very high end on the inside. I was so bummed but so glad I didn't buy. FYI I really wanted a pre-WWII house but man I spent 10 months looking for one that would work and could never make it happen. Still looking!

Look in Old 6th Ward.

On 2/20/2019 at 1:00 AM, TOJF said:

Just curious but were you worried about the view or just didn't prefer living next to an apartment complex?

Edited by nate4l1f3
  • Confused 1

Noticed the tower base is now up and it's close to Montrose Blvd probably where the pool will be.

• Like 3

On 2/21/2019 at 4:22 PM, nate4l1f3 said:

Just curious but were you worried about the view or just didn't prefer living next to an apartment complex?

Mostly did not want to be close to the apartment complex, but the view was a part of it. This house had all it's primary windows facing east. Had there been a lot of windows facing another direction I would have still slightly considered it as it was a very nice house, albeit not pre-WWII that was ideal. The rooftop deck had clear views south and west as well, but just being right there across the street in the center of an 8 story apartment complex was a no way for me.

• Like 2

On 3/15/2019 at 2:18 PM, CREguy13 said:

Crane went up in the past few days.  This apartment complex will have quite the presence in the area.

Tower crane is up.

ZQ5gWFe.jpg

• Like 6

Pretty amazing that a Koenigsegg CC8S will be outside of this development considering that they only made six of them! In all seriousness this looks like a great project. 

• Like 1

So it looks like the pool is facing east with 5 stories on all other sides? Drives me nuts when apartments do this. Sure there are only five stories above it but it will still significantly affect the amount of sun exposure, especially in the Fall/Winter/Spring... The south side of the pool will only get sun in the very early hours of the morning... Afternoons will be terrible.  -facepalm-

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TOJF said:

So it looks like the pool is facing east with 5 stories on all other sides? Drives me nuts when apartments do this. Sure there are only five stories above it but it will still significantly affect the amount of sun exposure, especially in the Fall/Winter/Spring... The south side of the pool will only get sun in the very early hours of the morning... Afternoons will be terrible.  -facepalm-

I guess that they are prioritizing views of downtown over sun exposure.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, jmitch94 said:

I guess that they are prioritizing views of downtown over sun exposure.  

They do have a west facing outdoor area so hopefulyl there will be some lounge chairs there to get some sun (only on the north side of the areas though)...