The Montrose At Buffalo Bayou: Multifamily At 1320 Montrose Blvd.

fernz

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears to me that the pool will be above the ivy.  I would assume they would want the pool view to have downtown in the background, although that would mean that this is the side that faces Montrose (someone else noted that it would be a hassle to have the parking entrance on Montrose, and I agree).  That said the pool might be quieter if it didn't face Montrose.  

It appears to me that the pool will be above the ivy.  I would assume they would want the pool view to have downtown in the background, although that would mean that this is the side that faces Montrose (someone else noted that it would be a hassle to have the parking entrance on Montrose, and I agree).  That said the pool might be quieter if it didn't face Montrose.  

I think it is better for pools to face west when blocked from one side.  More residents will use the pool in the afternoon than in the morning.

• Like 1

It's called a placeholder, we do it at my job all the time

I was wondering if BigFootsSocks was replying to me or someone else.

Thanks for clearing that up. For the record, I "kind of figured" that was the case...;)

There's been a few comments made on here about how so many renderings don't have any black people in them. My comment was (I thought pretty clearly) a joke in regard to that. It wasn't meant to "matter" or to be taken seriously at all.

I was wondering if BigFootsSocks was replying to me or someone else.

Thanks for clearing that up. For the record, I "kind of figured" that was the case...;)

There's been a few comments made on here about how so many renderings don't have any black people in them. My comment was (I thought pretty clearly) a joke in regard to that. It wasn't meant to "matter" or to be taken seriously at all.

Srry bruh, little sleep and work means I'm on edge.

• Like 1

WAITROSE, is a british based and yet very simplified grocery market.  please do not be fooled.. it's an ok market.  however, nothing at all like the fine supermarkets that we are hereby used to in houston.  it's a wonderfully convenient market for those that are shopping at the mall, and don't want to make another market stop along the way home.  i have very often shopped at the WAITROSE at the dubai mall, uae,.  once again, extremely convenient market due to the fact that i normally lodge at the connected hotels affiliated with the mall itself.  

El Tiempo cantina at 1308 Montrose to close to give way for new MF building:

http://blog.chron.com/foodchronicles/2014/10/el-tiempo-1308-cantina-may-soon-close/

El Tiempo will be moving to the La Strada / Cafe Bello / Don Julio / La Casa del Caballo  building on Montrose.....

http://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/12-22-14-el-tiempo-finds-a-surprising-new-montrose-location-as-la-casa-del-caballo-plans-move/?utm_source=sf_twitter

Edited by HoustonMidtown

• 2 weeks later...

Dang it.  I guess they did away with the ivy wall by the pool.  Overall though, better than the last render.

Just some inside info on stuff like this. That's not even a real render. It's literally the model space in sketchup with shadows and textures turned on. They then put some black silhouette components for scale. Same with the trees. It's actually pretty lazy, but it's not like this would have been used in an actual presentation. This is something you would quickly do to show it to a client so they and whoever designed this could get some quick remarks. 

• Like 1

More details:

http://www.sunriseluxuryliving.com/sunrise-montrose-apartments-coming-2015/

Sunrise Montrose is a Class A multi-family community in Houston, TX that is comprised of 224 units totaling approximately 201,333 square feet of net rentable area.  The 1.84 acre property is extremely well positioned at Montrose Blvd and West Clay Ave close to the Memorial Park area and downtown Houston.  The building will be eight stories with three levels of parking on grade and five levels of apartments on top and will offer efficiency, one bedroom, two bedroom and townhome units on the mezzanine level. Two courtyards will highlight the amenity package that will include an outdoor swimming pool on the fourth level with an adjacent cyber café and residents room, a leasing conference room, private offices for resident’s use, a fitness center on the street level and a rooftop terrace. Construction on the Sunrise Montrose project is expected to begin on April 1, 2015 with completion in December 2016.

Building Size: 224 units

201,333 net rentable square feet
29 floor plans
Efficiency, 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom and townhome units
Stories: Eight-story podium style building with three-story parking garage on grade
Buildings: 1 building with pool area on the 4th level & a rooftop terrace
Parking: 327 spaces; 1.46 spaces per unit

• Like 1