1 hour ago, swishafisha said:

What is the address of the warehouse you are referencing?

54 minutes ago, Ross said:

501 N Shepherd

It will be interesting what happens to the other warehouses in the vicinity... I can see this area take off with more multifamily in addition to a MKT campus expansion. I love that people in the area can walk to restaurants or make a pit stop there. This development is catering to the traditional consumer as well as the more pedestrian oriented consumer. A perfect blend for Houston as the emphasis seems to be refocusing around walkable places.

I admit I still drive many places. Though, my spouse works here and enjoys being able to bike to work (thankfully without going on any major streets).

• Like 3

Great to hear about 501 N Shepherd Dr. Would love to see a link or any plans for redevelopment. I guess 2025 is not that far off and right on time for the redevelopment of the entire Shepherd/Durham corridor. I ride by this warehouse often and think it would be excellent space for more development.

On a similar note, and this have been mentioned here before, I know M-K-T will expand eastward too. Triten calls it "Swift", and they will redevelop the warehouses on 621 Waverly St. They were built in 1909 and formerly served as meat packing and distribution facility as Freedmen Distributors. Hoping for some industrial lofts on the 4-5-story building and maybe a small grocer.

Once these are complete, this will create a semi-contiguous 1.5 mile stretch of pedestrian/bike oriented activity here that will be a new crown jewel for the Heights and the city. Now if they can go ahead and build pedestrian/bike bridge across Patterson and/or Rutland then we will be in business.

If anybody has any links or intel on more specific plans for either 501 N Shepherd or 621 Waverly, I know most everyone here would love to see.

DJI_0255.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 1.50.46 PM.png

DJI_0230.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-02-23 at 1.53.09 PM.png

Edited by emmanume
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/31/2022 at 4:55 PM, Urbannizer said:

zT6nEGW.jpg

Remarkable. Hoping for some retail here as well though. This angle of the rendering looks all offices. If I didn’t know any better I’d say it looks like a building for a college campus and I’m here for it

• Like 2

9 hours ago, emmanume said:

Community Impact reported fitness facility Mayweather Boxing will be opening up at this development as well.

Build out for La La Land Kind Cafe is almost complete. Ran into some of the workers taking pictures around the trail and they told me it should be ready to open in 3-4 weeks.

Central City Co-Op (currently on 420 E 20th St) is closing its doors this Sunday and moving to an undisclosed location. I’m going to type into existence that they are moving to M-K-T (based on absolutely nothing). 

I've heard from multiple people that La La Land Kind Cafe has the best coffee, super excited for that one! 

2 hours ago, Amlaham said:

I've heard from multiple people that La La Land Kind Cafe has the best coffee, super excited for that one! 

They have an incredible menu of matcha lattes which I'm most excited for 😋

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TacoDog said:

la la land is opening this weekend, soft opening this week. The hours are listed as 6:30am to 7pm.

Uqh6n27.jpeg

ljowFux.jpeg

CRkTIH1.jpeg

04PbX0L.jpeg

fXYOhRz.jpeg

This place is getting a lot of attention on Instagram/ TikTok. Their grand opening is May 7th with half priced drinks. Their drinks are actually really good, if you end up going try their matcha drinks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 10:51 AM, hindesky said:

Should this have its own topic?

Shepherd Trail Development.

p5WzwKh.pngkpkAIAk.png

SqE3SJG.png

Not saying that there isn't something planned for this property, but I haven't heard of anything happening soon.  An associate of mine told me the reason that this plat was done is because of the Shepherd/Durham Reconstruction Project and that there is an encroachment of the 651 N. Shepherd building into the North Durham right of way.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paco Jones said:

Not saying that there isn't something planned for this property, but I haven't heard of anything happening soon.  An associate of mine told me the reason that this plat was done is because of the Shepherd/Durham Reconstruction Project and that there is an encroachment of the 651 N. Shepherd building into the North Durham right of way.

My evil side says that the solution to the encroachment is to use a 60 foot diameter saw, and remove the offending portion of the building, preferably without notice. I recall that some developer in Majorca built a taller than allowed building in the airport flight path, and was shocked to find, once construction was complete, that the government sent over a bunch of equipment and demolished the building. 

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...