Looks a little project-y. Just a little, though.

This is becoming an interesting little area. Michael Hsu is design the redevelopment of the warehouse on Shepherd at the hike and bike trail. He also did Heights Revival to the east. It might make sense to connect 6th Street through the retention pond at some point. Then the last couple warehouses at 6th and Waverley could give way to something with a little height (considering the views), maybe a mixed residential and office development.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, HoustonBoy said:

Living in central Austin, with my heart in Houston, I so desperately want to see a bigger version of graffiti park in Houston. Seeing this building makes me dream of it

The Silos out in 5th Ward has a lot of potential to be that + a great venue. Went to an event out there not long ago, and was like....Wow I had no idea we had something like that here. This space too has the potential to be that as well.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Luminare said:

The Silos out in 5th Ward has a lot of potential to be that + a great venue. Went to an event out there not long ago, and was like....Wow I had no idea we had something like that here. This space too has the potential to be that as well.

The Silos are a trip and a half. Used to know a guy who's parents owned it. 

3 hours ago, swtsig said:

there is an apt component to the mkt project behind the existing 5 story structure... not sure if that's what this is or not.

I noticed piers around the eastern and southern portion of the garage, I think it would be a wrap 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
pulsinelli-olivia*90xx1000-1333-0-0.png
By Olivia Pulsinelli  – Senior web editor, Houston Business Journal 
May 21, 2019, 8:03am CDT Updated 5 hours ago

A mixed-use project repurposing more than 200,000 square feet of industrial buildings in the Heights has secured its first tenants.

Houston-based Radom Capital and Houston-based Triten Real Estate Partners are developing the 12-acre site at North Shepherd Street and 6th and 7th streets. 

Two restaurants have been confirmed for the development, dubbed M-K-T, while some other tenants are still being finalized, according to a press release. Shop Cos. is handling retail leasing for the project.

Leases signed, expected to open in late summer or early fall 2020:

• Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market, which plans to open its first Houston locations in Rice Village this summer, in Uptown Park this fall and at 609 Main downtown this winter, according to its website.
  • Honeychild's Sweet Creams, the first brick-and-mortar location of the Houston-based frozen custard company, which sells its products in various grocers, stores and farmers markets in the Houston area and Bellville, per its website. 

Per the release, "a national lifestyle-oriented concept featuring simple, seasonal healthy salad and grain bowls made from scratch using produce delivered that day" also signed a lease but has not been named.

Leases still being finalized:

• A locally operated ice house to anchor the south side of the property along the White Oak Bayou Trail. It will include a large patio, hammock grove, movie screen and a large outdoor game area.
  • Heights-based yoga studio, which also will operate a 70-foot yoga lawn along the trail.

Other types of tenants M-K-T expects to add include a local clothing boutique, a coffee shop and several retail and beauty concepts.

The Houston Business Journal has reached out to the developers for information about the brokers that represented Mendocino and Honeychild as well as the size of their leases. 

M-K-T will contain 100,000 square feet of creative office space and 100,000 square feet of chef-driven restaurants, first-to-market retailers and studio fitness concepts, HBJ previously reported. It also will feature an abundance of green space and a boardwalk-inspired gathering space around the Heights bike trails. Russell Hodges and Bubba Harkins with Chicago-based JLL's Houston office will handle the office leasing, HBJ reported in November. 

Boston-based Long Wharf Capital LLC is financing the project. Michael Hsu Office of Architecture designed the project, Houston-based Method Architecture is the architect of record, and SWA Group is the landscape architect. 

The project is about five times the size of Heights Mercantile, another mixed-use redevelopment from Radom Capital, Managing Principal Steve Radom told HBJ in November. The 40,000-square-foot Heights Mercantile delivered in 2017 and won a 2018 HBJ Landmark Award. It was sold in July 2018.

• Like 4

Personally I think it makes more sense to merge these topics into one consolidated thread since this whole thing is connected.  Similar to the BLVD Place thread that aggregated a few different buildings into one place for easy to follow updates.

• Like 9

Not to totally derail this topic but I really dislike the many “address only” titled topics. They are completely useless and rarely read on my part. Names of businesses and/or developments need to be included in the title if there is to also be an address. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2