3 hours ago, intencity77 said:

Not to totally derail this topic but I really dislike the many “address only” titled topics. They are completely useless and rarely read on my part. Names of businesses and/or developments need to be included in the title if there is to also be an address. 

This isn’t twitter but I wish I could retweet this! I’ve mentioned this exact point before. This is what makes up the Heights sub-forum.

• Like 3

@Urbannizer @intencity77 @jmitch94 @nate4l1f3 @CrockpotandGravel

Two things can be true at the same time.

I agree that people do respond more to development titles than address numbers, but Crock is right that threads do tend to die off or are hard to find without an address in the title. Lets just make both happen at once. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments

Both sides win in this situation.

If things need to be updated, such as project info, or if the developer changes the official address then the mods can fix it.

I also think it would be nice if there was a third identifier. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question) - (project phase in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

@editor any opinion on this?

To everyone else, just zip it. This is why I don't go on Reddit anymore because I see stuff like this? Are we Reddit now? Why are we hanging out dirty laundry in what is the online equivalent to the town square?  When slinging mud at someone beware that you are going to get dirty as well, so I don't recommend it.

EDIT:

So Crock. If you put the address then put the development name.

For others if you put the development name then put the address in.

If you only know the address or just the development name then (at) someone and they can help out.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I’m just here for the memes thx

come in lenny von dohlen GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Jokes aside i have no beef with anyone here. We’re all passionate about our city and that’s what makes the contributors here so special.  If I had to rely on the Chronicle for all my news and updates then I would be begging for threads with only addresses in them, so thanks to all for your postings, pics and even gifs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

I don't because I don't think this is part of The MKT.

I'm looking in the county records and this isn't connected to any of the developers of M-K-T.

Standard in the Heights at 601 W 6th or 612 Waverly St isn't part of M-K-T.

So please, @Urbannizer unmerge.  

The apartments under construction are not a part of the MKT.  different developer.  Ojala out of dallas, not radom.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:42 AM, Urbannizer said:

It's a group of developers working together, similar to Studemont Junction (same with BLVD Place as well).

Triten Real Estate, Radom Capital for the retail portion and Block Companies for the multifamily side.

Technically, Studemont junction was a land deal put together by Kaplan, subdivided and selling sites to building developers and users.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Evil Developer said:

The apartments under construction are not a part of the MKT.  different developer.  Ojala out of dallas, not radom.

Technically, Studemont junction was a land deal put together by Kaplan, subdivided and selling sites to building developers and users.

Yeah, I see a 80' gap between the two projects when I ride by. This made me think they aren't connected.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 1:38 PM, Luminare said:

@Urbannizer @intencity77 @jmitch94 @nate4l1f3 @CrockpotandGravel

Two things can be true at the same time.

I agree that people do respond more to development titles than address numbers, but Crock is right that threads do tend to die off or are hard to find without an address in the title. Lets just make both happen at once. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments

Both sides win in this situation.

If things need to be updated, such as project info, or if the developer changes the official address then the mods can fix it.

I also think it would be nice if there was a third identifier. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question) - (project phase in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

@editor any opinion on this?

To everyone else, just zip it. This is why I don't go on Reddit anymore because I see stuff like this? Are we Reddit now? Why are we hanging out dirty laundry in what is the online equivalent to the town square?  When slinging mud at someone beware that you are going to get dirty as well, so I don't recommend it.

EDIT:

So Crock. If you put the address then put the development name.

For others if you put the development name then put the address in.

If you only know the address or just the development name then (at) someone and they can help out.

My preference is that it would be something like Common Name [- Development] (address) — status

Example: Frobozz Tower - Zorktown Acres (42 White Mailbox Dr) — Under construction

Example: Frotz Building (10704 Aragain Falls Rd) — Topped out

If you guys want to take that and run with it, that's fine by me.  But in no way is this an edict.  I'd rather people do what makes sense for the building.  The most important part is to communicate, and help people find what they need.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Mods, @Urbannizer @Triton @Subdude @intencity77 @editor

Please add the address back to the title of this thread. Putting the address in the title makes it easy for people to know EXACTLY where this is located, making it easy to plug the address into Google maps or whatever map service versus posting street intersections. Also makes it easier to find when using the search or when searching on Google and easy to find additional information on the property (past and present) when there is an exact address.

Please change the title to include 600 N Shepherd Dr or change it to M•K•T |   600 N Shepherd Dr . It's cleaner looking and includes the name of the development and the address attached to it since this is a complete renovation and adaptive reuse of the Shepherd 10 Business Park at 600 N Shepherd Dr.

I don't understand why certain mods are so hellbent against to adding the address to the title of these projects or even the official names of the projects once they're known.

If you resist the urge to make something perfect, although it is very difficult, the urge will gradually diminish for the next thing and then the next thing. But if you act on the urge to make something perfect, then the urge will only be stronger for future things and you will drive yourself into a frenzy trying to perfect everything.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to M•K•T | 600 N Shepherd Dr
4 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Mods, @Urbannizer @Triton @Subdude @intencity77 @editor

Please add the address back to the title of this thread. Putting the address in the title makes it easy for people to know EXACTLY where this is located, making it easy to plug the address into Google maps or whatever map service versus posting street intersections. Also makes it easier to find when using the search or when searching on Google and easy to find additional information on the property (past and present) when there is an exact address.

Please change the title to include 600 N Shepherd Dr or change it to M•K•T |   600 N Shepherd Dr . It's cleaner looking and includes the name of the development and the address attached to it since this is a complete renovation and adaptive reuse of the Shepherd 10 Business Park at 600 N Shepherd Dr.

I don't understand why certain mods are so hellbent against to adding the address to the title of these projects or even the official names of the projects once they're known.

So I changed the title but it looks like someone added The Standard in the Heights... isn't that a different development?

12 minutes ago, Triton said:

Thanks! Is it weird that Phase 2 is really kicking off before Phase 1?

I believe the apartments u/c aren't considered as phase II. Triten Real Estate owns the old Swift building, which is rumored to become a boutique hotel once the retail component is complete.

https://tritenre.com/projects/swift

• Like 8

6 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

If you resist the urge to make something perfect, although it is very difficult, the urge will gradually diminish for the next thing and then the next thing. But if you act on the urge to make something perfect, then the urge will only be stronger for future things and you will drive yourself into a frenzy trying to perfect everything.

image.png.f5b2594077a5fbe8ff22b5a5a2e251b2.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

eed9400369b13d32fd9b15c04f4ebaa8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 7/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, H-Town Man said:

Well this explains Houston perfectly. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Is it just me or is this flying? Also, its a great sign for this development that in Q3 2019 you have tenants already lining up for a Q2 2020 move when the projected office space hasn't really gotten off the first floor yet, so to speak. Its going to be added pressure to deliver on time. This could also speak to a market that is ready for a development of this sort, since nothing like this is really out there in that area. 

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...

Heights mixed-use development announces two new retailers 

• A rendering of M-K-T, a mixed-use development that Radom Capital and Triten Real Estate Partners are developing.

A rendering of M-K-T, a mixed-use development that Radom Capital and Triten Real Estate Partners are developing.

MICHAEL HSU OFFICE OF ARCHITECTURE

laura-gillespie-1*90xx1000-1333-0-0.png
By Laura Gillespie  – Reporter, Houston Business Journal 
5 hours ago

M-K-T, mixed-use project repurposing more than 200,000 square feet of industrial buildings in the Heights, has signed on two additional tenants to add to its growing collection. 

Burdlife will open its first retail location at M-K-T, according to a press release. The 1,193-square-foot space will sell jewelry and statement pieces. The Heights-based company was founded by Natasha Dadwani in 2015. Brett Levinson, assistant vice president with Weitzman, was the broker for Burdlife. Brittney FreedLinda Rubiola and Christie Amezquita with Shop Companies represented the landlord. Although this will be Burdlife's first brick-and-mortar location, the brand has been available in retailers such as Anthropologie. 

Houston-based Elite Meals will also open its first retail location in 1,653 square feet in M-K-T, according to a separate press release. The meal plan service offers meals for ketogenic, paleo and plant-based diets and more, as well as snacks such as bone broth and brownies. Levinson also was the broker for Elite Meals. Prior to this brick-and-mortar location opening in M-K-T, the company offered meals via home delivery or pick-up at its commercial kitchen at 6906 Airline Drive, Suite 108.

Other tenants previously announced, to debut in summer or early fall 2020, include: 

M-K-T was designed by acclaimed Austin-based architect Michael Hsuwho recently opened an office in Houston. Houston-based Method Architecture is the architect of record, and SWA Group is the landscape architect. Boston-based Long Wharf Capital LLC is financing the project. Houston-based Radom Capital and Houston-based Triten Real Estate Partners are developing the 12-acre site at North Shepherd Street and 6th and 7th Streets

M-K-T will offer office users modern structures with 10- to 20-foot exposed ceilings that provide the ability to install internal stairwells leading to mezzanine spaces, JLL said previously. Other features include stained concrete floors, exposed beams, private outdoor spaces, and large windows and skylights.

Tenants and guests will have access to a wide array of lifestyle amenities including approximately 100,000 square feet of creative office space and 100,000 square feet of chef-driven restaurants, first-to-market retailers and studio fitness concepts. In all, the development will have space for up to 30 restaurant, retail, and health and fitness businesses, including over 1,000 feet of frontage along the Heights Hike and Bike trail. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Angostura said:

Soon there will be no place in the Heights that isn't within walking distance of a boutique ice cream shop.

ice cream shops are killing it right now apparently. The same thing is happening in Montrose.

• Like 1