s3mh

M•K•T, The Standard in The Heights | 600 N Shepherd Dr

This project is huge, didn't realize they were all part of the same project.

Q8eyaAj.jpg

B9ILcAd.jpg

3JVFcke.jpg

• Like 5

there is an apt component to the mkt project behind the existing 5 story structure... not sure if that's what this is or not.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, swtsig said:

there is an apt component to the mkt project behind the existing 5 story structure... not sure if that's what this is or not.

I noticed piers around the eastern and southern portion of the garage, I think it would be a wrap 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/2/2019 at 9:16 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

First known restaurant, retail, and office tenant for  M·K·T. This is the site of Shepherd 10 Business Park, 600 N Shepherd Dr in the Heights in Houston.

Mendocino Farms

https://www.mendocinofarms.com/houston-heights/

Official announcement of Mendocino Farms and other tenants so far for  M·K·T. This is the site of Shepherd 10 Business Park, 600 N Shepherd Dr in the Heights.

From Houston Chronicle today:

Gourmet sandwiches, artisanal custard, an ice house and a yoga studio will be among the offerings at M-K-T, the adaptive reuse project planned at an industrial park on North Shepherd and 6th Street in the Heights.

Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market, the Southern California chain planning four restaurants in Houston, and Honeychild's Sweet Creams have signed leases for space in the project and plan to open late summer or early fall 2020.

Construction on M-K-T is due to start this summer. The project aims to transform a collection of warehouses into a walkable complex of more than 200,000-square-feet of offices, shops and restaurants fronting the Height Hike and Bike trail. The White Oak Bayou Trail is south of the property.

The partners said they were finalizing a lease with a local operator to build an ice house that would anchor the trail side of the property. The concept would include an expansive patio, hammock grove, movie screen as well as a large outdoor game area.

A Heights-based yoga studio also plans to operate a 70-foot yoga lawn fronting the trail.

Additional concepts are expected to include a local clothing boutique, a coffee shop, and several retail and beauty users, which the developers said they would announce in coming weeks.

Shop Cos. is representing the landlord for retail, food and fitness space and Jones Lang LaSalle is handling the office space.

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/Adaptive-reuse-project-in-the-Heights-announces-13852222.php

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, LBC2HTX said:

So why post it? As you said, it's LITERALLY the same information from Houston Chronicle because they copied everything from the Chronicle article. There is nothing new in it.

Posted (edited)

Because someone almost always asks to see what's behind the HBJ paywall. It also saves other people time. 

Edited by LBC2HTX
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

pulsinelli-olivia*90xx1000-1333-0-0.png
By Olivia Pulsinelli  – Senior web editor, Houston Business Journal 
May 21, 2019, 8:03am CDT Updated 5 hours ago

A mixed-use project repurposing more than 200,000 square feet of industrial buildings in the Heights has secured its first tenants.

Houston-based Radom Capital and Houston-based Triten Real Estate Partners are developing the 12-acre site at North Shepherd Street and 6th and 7th streets. 

Two restaurants have been confirmed for the development, dubbed M-K-T, while some other tenants are still being finalized, according to a press release. Shop Cos. is handling retail leasing for the project.

Leases signed, expected to open in late summer or early fall 2020:

• Mendocino Farms Sandwich Market, which plans to open its first Houston locations in Rice Village this summer, in Uptown Park this fall and at 609 Main downtown this winter, according to its website.
  • Honeychild's Sweet Creams, the first brick-and-mortar location of the Houston-based frozen custard company, which sells its products in various grocers, stores and farmers markets in the Houston area and Bellville, per its website. 

Per the release, "a national lifestyle-oriented concept featuring simple, seasonal healthy salad and grain bowls made from scratch using produce delivered that day" also signed a lease but has not been named.

Leases still being finalized:

• A locally operated ice house to anchor the south side of the property along the White Oak Bayou Trail. It will include a large patio, hammock grove, movie screen and a large outdoor game area.
  • Heights-based yoga studio, which also will operate a 70-foot yoga lawn along the trail.

Other types of tenants M-K-T expects to add include a local clothing boutique, a coffee shop and several retail and beauty concepts.

The Houston Business Journal has reached out to the developers for information about the brokers that represented Mendocino and Honeychild as well as the size of their leases. 

M-K-T will contain 100,000 square feet of creative office space and 100,000 square feet of chef-driven restaurants, first-to-market retailers and studio fitness concepts, HBJ previously reported. It also will feature an abundance of green space and a boardwalk-inspired gathering space around the Heights bike trails. Russell Hodges and Bubba Harkins with Chicago-based JLL's Houston office will handle the office leasing, HBJ reported in November. 

Boston-based Long Wharf Capital LLC is financing the project. Michael Hsu Office of Architecture designed the project, Houston-based Method Architecture is the architect of record, and SWA Group is the landscape architect. 

The project is about five times the size of Heights Mercantile, another mixed-use redevelopment from Radom Capital, Managing Principal Steve Radom told HBJ in November. The 40,000-square-foot Heights Mercantile delivered in 2017 and won a 2018 HBJ Landmark Award. It was sold in July 2018.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, hindesky said:
pulsinelli-olivia*90xx1000-1333-0-0.png
By Olivia Pulsinelli  – Senior web editor, Houston Business Journal 
May 21, 2019, 8:03am CDT Updated 5 hours ago

A mixed-use project repurposing more than 200,000 square feet of industrial buildings in the Heights has secured its first tenants.

Houston-based Radom Capital and Houston-based Triten Real Estate Partners are developing the 12-acre site at North Shepherd Street and 6th and 7th streets. 

Two restaurants have been confirmed for the development, dubbed M-K-T, while some other tenants are still being finalized, according to a press release. Shop Cos. is handling retail leasing for the project.

There is a thread about M-K-T in the Heights forum. The original report from Houston Chronicle announcing the first wave of tenants was posted there yesterday:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/44474-shepherd-10-business-park-600-n-shepherd-dr/?do=findComment&comment=591673

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Updated Loopnet listing for The M•K•T (the readaptive use redevelopment of Shepherd 10 Business Park ) at 600 N Shepherd Dr in Houston.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/600-N-Shepherd-Dr-Houston-TX/15754380/  (archive link)

The leasing and marketing brochure has been updated too:

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/oVBUio5yqrxbq8FiUAzzqS61_8UW8ZgZ4OjaIVIwJVI/document.pdf  (archive link)

Delivery date for the project still shows 2020.

On 11/15/2018 at 5:54 PM, swtsig said:

just wait til phase II

On 11/15/2018 at 6:49 PM, Texasota said:

I dig it. Hoping Phase 2 includes lots o' residential.

Phase 2 is shown on an updated map and includes residential at W 6th St and Waverly. 
The apartments are named Standard in the Heights. There is an existing thread to post about it here

Gouy3tl.jpg
(direct link)

ovCxKTK.jpg

• Like 3

On 1/7/2019 at 9:01 AM, s3mh said:

http://www.housingforhouston.com/media/54608/august 2018 board packet.pdf

The southern half of this property that is currently being prepped for construction is going to be the Standard in the Heights.  51% of the units will be reserved for low and moderate income residents.  This is in the Love Elementary school zone.  Love is chronically under enrolled.  So, no Briargrove freak out will happen with this project.   

On 1/8/2019 at 6:46 AM, Angostura said:

On 5/6/2019 at 4:25 PM, swtsig said:

On 5/6/2019 at 8:08 PM, hindesky said:

I noticed piers around the eastern and southern portion of the garage, I think it would be a wrap 

The apartment component of The M•K•T  is Standard in the Heights at W 6th St and Waverly. It is part of Phase 2 of The M•K•T  (the readaptive use redevelopment of Shepherd 10 Business Park )

The apartments are shown in an updated brochure for  The M•K•T   (further discussions of The M•K•T  or photos of The M•K•T should be posted in the thread for The M•K•T is in the Heights forum here).

Let's keep this thread specifically on the Standard in the Heights apartments, please.

Phase 2 is shown on an updated map and includes residential at W 6th St and Waverly. 
There is a thread about it here

Gouy3tl.jpg
(direct link)

ovCxKTK.jpg

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Mods @Urbannizer, @Triton, @intencity77, @Subdude.

There are posts in this thread that have nothing to do with this topic, the apartments called Standard in the Heights.

The following linked posts are about phase 1 and phase 2 of The M•K•T (the readaptive use redevelopment of Shepherd 10 Business Park ) at 600 N Shepherd Dr in Houston. Phase 2, like Phase 1 will convert the existing buildings and also build other additions.  

Please move the posts  below to the Heights forum where the there is an existing thread for The M•K•T here:
https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/44474-shepherd-10-business-park-600-n-shepherd-dr

(further discussions of The M•K•T  or photos of The M•K•T should be posted in the thread for The M•K•T is in the Heights forum here).

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31343-6th-waverly-the-heights-new-mid-rise-building/?do=findComment&comment=590080

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31343-6th-waverly-the-heights-new-mid-rise-building/?do=findComment&comment=590109

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/31343-6th-waverly-the-heights-new-mid-rise-building/?do=findComment&comment=590549

• Like 2

The "Future Apartment Development" looks to be where the the warehouse tromp l'oeil painted façade is currently. I'll be kinda sad to see that building go.

• Like 1

Personally I think it makes more sense to merge these topics into one consolidated thread since this whole thing is connected.  Similar to the BLVD Place thread that aggregated a few different buildings into one place for easy to follow updates.

• Like 9

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Personally I think it makes more sense to merge these topics into one consolidated thread since this whole thing is connected.  Similar to the BLVD Place thread that aggregated a few different buildings into one place for easy to follow updates.

I don't because I don't think this is part of The MKT.

I'm looking in the county records and this isn't connected to any of the developers of M-K-T.

Standard in the Heights at 601 W 6th or 612 Waverly St isn't part of M-K-T.

So please, @Urbannizer unmerge.  

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

It's a group of developers working together, similar to Studemont Junction (same with BLVD Place as well).

Triten Real Estate, Radom Capital for the retail portion and Block Companies for the multifamily side.

Thanks. I see that as I read the documents that entities Lakeside Place and Standard in the Heights entered into a lease for the property as part of a partnership. 

And if you KNEW this was part of  M-K-T , then why didn't you merge this sooner? No one in this thread brought that up at all and the thread about it was very visible. But when I bring it up, everyone wants to gang up on me by liking all the comments directed towards me as a way to flip me the bird when I have been actively adding to the M-K-T thread since last fall, posting info no one else bothered to post about M-K-T.

The least you could do @Urbannizer is add the address back in the title which is 600 N Shepherd Dr . You ALWAYS leave that out when you merge or rename threads, mostly ones from me. Thanks.

• Like 2

Not to totally derail this topic but I really dislike the many “address only” titled topics. They are completely useless and rarely read on my part. Names of businesses and/or developments need to be included in the title if there is to also be an address. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't know what anything was if it was addresses only. 

Edited by jmitch94
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, intencity77 said:

Not to totally derail this topic but I really dislike the many “address only” titled topics. They are completely useless and rarely read on my part. Names of businesses and/or developments need to be included in the title if there is to also be an address. 

This isn’t twitter but I wish I could retweet this! I’ve mentioned this exact point before. This is what makes up the Heights sub-forum.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@Urbannizer @intencity77 @jmitch94 @nate4l1f3 @CrockpotandGravel

Two things can be true at the same time.

I agree that people do respond more to development titles than address numbers, but Crock is right that threads do tend to die off or are hard to find without an address in the title. Lets just make both happen at once. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments

Both sides win in this situation.

If things need to be updated, such as project info, or if the developer changes the official address then the mods can fix it.

I also think it would be nice if there was a third identifier. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question) - (project phase in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

@editor any opinion on this?

To everyone else, just zip it. This is why I don't go on Reddit anymore because I see stuff like this? Are we Reddit now? Why are we hanging out dirty laundry in what is the online equivalent to the town square?  When slinging mud at someone beware that you are going to get dirty as well, so I don't recommend it.

EDIT:

So Crock. If you put the address then put the development name.

For others if you put the development name then put the address in.

If you only know the address or just the development name then (at) someone and they can help out.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BigFootsSocks said:

I’m just here for the memes thx

come in lenny von dohlen GIF by Twin Peaks on Showtime

Jokes aside i have no beef with anyone here. We’re all passionate about our city and that’s what makes the contributors here so special.  If I had to rely on the Chronicle for all my news and updates then I would be begging for threads with only addresses in them, so thanks to all for your postings, pics and even gifs. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

I don't because I don't think this is part of The MKT.

I'm looking in the county records and this isn't connected to any of the developers of M-K-T.

Standard in the Heights at 601 W 6th or 612 Waverly St isn't part of M-K-T.

So please, @Urbannizer unmerge.  

The apartments under construction are not a part of the MKT.  different developer.  Ojala out of dallas, not radom.

On 5/23/2019 at 8:42 AM, Urbannizer said:

It's a group of developers working together, similar to Studemont Junction (same with BLVD Place as well).

Triten Real Estate, Radom Capital for the retail portion and Block Companies for the multifamily side.

Technically, Studemont junction was a land deal put together by Kaplan, subdivided and selling sites to building developers and users.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Evil Developer said:

The apartments under construction are not a part of the MKT.  different developer.  Ojala out of dallas, not radom.

Technically, Studemont junction was a land deal put together by Kaplan, subdivided and selling sites to building developers and users.

Yeah, I see a 80' gap between the two projects when I ride by. This made me think they aren't connected.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 1:38 PM, Luminare said:

@Urbannizer @intencity77 @jmitch94 @nate4l1f3 @CrockpotandGravel

Two things can be true at the same time.

I agree that people do respond more to development titles than address numbers, but Crock is right that threads do tend to die off or are hard to find without an address in the title. Lets just make both happen at once. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments

Both sides win in this situation.

If things need to be updated, such as project info, or if the developer changes the official address then the mods can fix it.

I also think it would be nice if there was a third identifier. Example:

(address in question) - (development in question) - (project phase in question)

(whatever the address is for this) - MKT New Retail; Apartments - UNDER CONSTRUCTION

@editor any opinion on this?

To everyone else, just zip it. This is why I don't go on Reddit anymore because I see stuff like this? Are we Reddit now? Why are we hanging out dirty laundry in what is the online equivalent to the town square?  When slinging mud at someone beware that you are going to get dirty as well, so I don't recommend it.

EDIT:

So Crock. If you put the address then put the development name.

For others if you put the development name then put the address in.

If you only know the address or just the development name then (at) someone and they can help out.

My preference is that it would be something like Common Name [- Development] (address) — status

Example: Frobozz Tower - Zorktown Acres (42 White Mailbox Dr) — Under construction

Example: Frotz Building (10704 Aragain Falls Rd) — Topped out

If you guys want to take that and run with it, that's fine by me.  But in no way is this an edict.  I'd rather people do what makes sense for the building.  The most important part is to communicate, and help people find what they need.

• Like 4

Only project I came across where workers were working on Fathers Day.

i1b661L.jpg

PcQrw7H.jpg

krBkCgF.jpg

• Like 7

Mods, @Urbannizer @Triton @Subdude @intencity77 @editor

Please add the address back to the title of this thread. Putting the address in the title makes it easy for people to know EXACTLY where this is located, making it easy to plug the address into Google maps or whatever map service versus posting street intersections. Also makes it easier to find when using the search or when searching on Google and easy to find additional information on the property (past and present) when there is an exact address.

Please change the title to include 600 N Shepherd Dr or change it to M•K•T |   600 N Shepherd Dr . It's cleaner looking and includes the name of the development and the address attached to it since this is a complete renovation and adaptive reuse of the Shepherd 10 Business Park at 600 N Shepherd Dr.

I don't understand why certain mods are so hellbent against to adding the address to the title of these projects or even the official names of the projects once they're known.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

Please add the address back to the title of this thread. Putting the address in the title makes it easy for people to know EXACTLY where this is located, making it easy to plug the address into Google maps or whatever map service versus posting street intersections. Also makes it easier to find when using the search or when searching on Google and easy to find additional information on the property (past and present) when there is an exact address.

Please change the title to include 600 N Shepherd Dr or change it to M•K•T |   600 N Shepherd Dr . It's cleaner looking and includes the name of the development and the address attached to it since this is a complete renovation and adaptive reuse of the Shepherd 10 Business Park at 600 N Shepherd Dr.

I don't understand why certain mods are so hellbent against to adding the address to the title of these projects or even the official names of the projects once they're known.

If you resist the urge to make something perfect, although it is very difficult, the urge will gradually diminish for the next thing and then the next thing. But if you act on the urge to make something perfect, then the urge will only be stronger for future things and you will drive yourself into a frenzy trying to perfect everything.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CrockpotandGravel said:

So I changed the title but it looks like someone added The Standard in the Heights... isn't that a different development?

1 hour ago, Triton said:

So I changed the title but it looks like someone added The Standard in the Heights... isn't that a different development?

See posts starting from May 23rd on this page.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Urbannizer said:

See posts starting from May 23rd on this page.

Thanks! Is it weird that Phase 2 is really kicking off before Phase 1?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Triton said:

Thanks! Is it weird that Phase 2 is really kicking off before Phase 1?

I believe the apartments u/c aren't considered as phase II. Triten Real Estate owns the old Swift building, which is rumored to become a boutique hotel once the retail component is complete.

https://tritenre.com/projects/swift

• Like 8

Ive had design projects that were broken into Phase I and Phase II... and by the time drawings got issued for both, the owner/contractor elected to start with Phase II. 

Though in this case, I think @urbannizer is correct. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

If you resist the urge to make something perfect, although it is very difficult, the urge will gradually diminish for the next thing and then the next thing. But if you act on the urge to make something perfect, then the urge will only be stronger for future things and you will drive yourself into a frenzy trying to perfect everything.

image.png.f5b2594077a5fbe8ff22b5a5a2e251b2.png

• Like 1

15 hours ago, H-Town Man said:

eed9400369b13d32fd9b15c04f4ebaa8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 7/11/2019 at 10:00 AM, H-Town Man said:

Well this explains Houston perfectly. 

• Like 1