Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

i am not about to jump head on into this MARLOWE hoopla.  davis's renders / concepts, are normally to die for.  however, as we are all abreast... the end results are sometimes mind boggling!  now take a good long look above.... isn't this simply gorgeous!  my point exactly.....

So a brown dude waltzed in and met Marlowe and his green-eyed agent Stephanie. Some info I got...

Projected groundbreaking 6/15 (depending on sales obviously)

20 month construction timeframe

Target is 18 contracts to move forward

2 contracts already signed

Office had activity when I arrived and I had to wait. An agent and his client (yes, rich white people) whom lived at OPP were there and were ready to make an offer, overheard them asking questions in regards to procedure on this. Brochure I was given has the same info as website.

Pic of the model's 8th floor amenities deck

https://twitter.com/thachadwick/status/584065894940160000

• Like 7

So a brown dude waltzed in and met Marlowe and his green-eyed agent Stephanie. Some info I got...

Projected groundbreaking 6/15 (depending on sales obviously)

20 month construction timeframe

Target is 18 contracts to move forward

2 contracts already signed

Office had activity when I arrived and I had to wait. An agent and his client (yes, rich white people) whom lived at OPP were there and were ready to make an offer, overheard them asking questions in regards to procedure on this. Brochure I was given has the same info as website.

Pic of the model's 8th floor amenities deck

https://twitter.com/thachadwick/status/584065894940160000

They have 2 already sold? i say is going to sell fast i know a lot of people from NYC who now live here and yes they have money but because they are used to that NYC high rise(etc) life style they look for something like this, we shall see.

i am not about to jump head on into this MARLOWE hoopla. davis's renders / concepts, are normally to die for. however, as we are all abreast... the end results are sometimes mind boggling! now take a good long look above.... isn't this simply gorgeous! my point exactly.....

The glass facade looks extremely similar to the Cosmopolitian (which is a good thing). At the very least only the marketing has been tacky and not the actual building. Hopefully turning a corner in that respect.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to their "event" last night (drinks, hors d'oeuvres and a DJ) -- the sales associate said "about" 15 units were sold already (she was a bit cagey when I pressed her for more details though - she said it was a very busy day and she didn't have updated numbers)....she said they needed to get 20 sold to break ground...

Edited by HoustonMidtown
  • Like 7

very nice illustrations!  however, the FOUR SEASONS HOTEL, is simply going to have to proceed with some form of a renovation / expansion / upgrade.  this hotel, is looking extremely outdated / antiquated.  i'm a bit surprised that they have not announced something already.  i'm certain that they shall be preparing their facility towards the forthcoming SUPER BOWL, just like everyone else......

• Like 4

very nice illustrations! however, the FOUR SEASONS HOTEL, is simply going to have to proceed with some form of a renovation / expansion / upgrade. this hotel, is looking extremely outdated / antiquated. i'm a bit surprised that they have not announced something already. i'm certain that they shall be preparing their facility towards the forthcoming SUPER BOWL, just like everyone else......

Money shouldn't be an issue. Cascade Investments LLC (owned by Bill Gates) bought the Four Seasons in 2013. They'll probably do some form of renovation before Feb 2017.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...