Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

Slim Thug use to have a chrome Ferrari. I use to see him on 59 all the time. That thing has to be tough to keep clean.

I used to have friends that lived next to Mr. Thug in Rock Creek. They said the neighborhood almost kicked him out for throwing parties all the time :lol:

Edited by BigFootsSocks
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Stairway to Heaven mashup tells you that this place is groovy, hip, and far out for the demographic theyre after. 

The couple I saw meeting with the sales agent when I was last there taking pics were exactly the demographic that mashup would appeal to. Young, hip and very obviously wealthy.

• Like 1

I am always intrigued by this.....

What about this young couple made them seem "obviously wealthy"?

It was they way they were dressed, groomed and the car they were driving, a Mercedes Benz S63 AMG. They looked to be about in 28 -32 age range.

It was they way they were dressed, groomed and the car they were driving, a Mercedes Benz S63 AMG. They looked to be about in 28 -32 age range.

That certainly can be a good indication of wealth. But, is it also possible that this couple have many of the trappings of wealth but......

1) were leasing the car.... And they only had one car ...... Not two.

2) were still paying off their clothes at 18% on their credit cards

3) were still paying student loans and

4) generally had not much actual wealth but rather a debt enabled lifestyle financed by the cash flow from good white collar jobs that made them appear "obviously wealthy" despite having little money in the bank?

Is that a possibility?

I have known people who had good jobs, tons of debt to finance a lifestyle, but seemed "wealthy"..... They actually were not. They were actually living paycheck to paycheck.

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 1

So you're saying they're from Dallas?  :D

That certainly can be a good indication of wealth. But, is it also possible that this couple have many of the trappings of wealth but......

1) were leasing the car.... And they only had one car ...... Not two.
2) were still paying off their clothes at 18% on their credit cards
3) were still paying student loans and
4) generally had not much actual wealth but rather a debt enabled lifestyle financed by the cash flow from good white collar jobs that made them appear "obviously wealthy" despite having little money in the bank?

Is that a possibility?

I have known people who had good jobs, tons of debt to finance a lifestyle, but seemed "wealthy"..... They actually were not. They were actually living paycheck to paycheck.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

So a brown dude waltzed in and met Marlowe and his green-eyed agent Stephanie. Some info I got...

Projected groundbreaking 6/15 (depending on sales obviously)

20 month construction timeframe

Target is 18 contracts to move forward

2 contracts already signed

Office had activity when I arrived and I had to wait. An agent and his client (yes, rich white people) whom lived at OPP were there and were ready to make an offer, overheard them asking questions in regards to procedure on this. Brochure I was given has the same info as website.

Pic of the model's 8th floor amenities deck

https://twitter.com/thachadwick/status/584065894940160000

So, back in April they were projecting a June start (based on sales of 18 units and they had already sold 2). Now it seems from the info in the post above that they are projecting November. Are the sales not materializing as fast as they planned or is it construction scheduling delays? Or, was the sales office just being very optimistic back in April? Edited by UtterlyUrban

According to a Marlowe ad in the July 2015 issue of Local magazine, the building is 20% sold.

Cool. I think that the building has about 100 units. So, that would be 20 units..... More than the "18" supposedly needed to start construction. If all of that is true, it means that construction might actually start in November. That would be terrific!