Marlowe: Condominium High-Rise At 1211 Caroline St.

Dakota79

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On March 2, 2016 at 0:27 PM, LarryDierker said:

My inside source says March. (my source being Urbanizer like 6 posts back)

Well, I guess even our well-connected Urbanizer can be wrong.  Still a parking lot.  No fence in sight.  40% sold and not breaking ground.  any concerns here?

Edited by UtterlyUrban
Spelling

3 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Man this crap seriously needs to start already.

^^^ oh no my pal j_cuevas713, should it began construction immediately, then all of the construction apparatus shall be in the way of all dallas street patrons for the forthcoming SUPERBOWL LI.  that particular street shall need to be completed, cleaned, and cleared leading up to the big downtown event.... 

1 minute ago, monarch said:

^^^ oh no my pal j_cuevas713, should it began construction immediately, then all of the construction apparatus shall be in the way of all dallas street patrons for the forthcoming SUPERBOWL LI.  that particular street shall need to be completed, cleaned, and cleared leading up to the big downtown event.... 

I feel like I just read a verse from the Bible. But yes you are right Monarch. I mean but still, I think it would look good to visitors for them to see construction. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

I feel like I just read a verse from the Bible. But yes you are right Monarch. I mean but still, I think it would look good to visitors for them to see construction. 

^^^ hilarious!

• 4 weeks later...

Heard from a friend that it should be starting soon - but the lot is still full of cars when I walked by this morning. If I was one of the people who bought a half-million dollar condo I'd be pissed that it hasn't started yet. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, cspwal said:

Heard from a friend that it should be starting soon - but the lot is still full of cars when I walked by this morning. If I was one of the people who bought a half-million dollar condo I'd be pissed that it hasn't started yet. 

I hope it does start soon.  Half a million is on the low side for the place.  I think that I just saw a listing for $1.2m........

i continue to wonder: If the place really is 40%+ sold (and it was reported that all financing is in place too), I am unclear why it has yet to start. I wouldn't think that it was availability of construction crews given the economy.  So, perhaps Mr. Davis is just being a bit cautious given the economy.  But, yah, if I was in that first wave of buyers and I was told, as reported here, that it would start in "November" and now it's May and it still hasn't started, I would not be pleased.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, bobruss said:

Need pictures

My phone is on the lowest resolution setting and the file is still too large for the site. If anyone is willing to post them, PM me your email.

Edited by Alec
Typo

Hopefully this will be as big for downtown as One Park Place was when it opened the floodgates on new apartments being viable in downtown. Downtown needs more and better options for ownership. I was tempted to buy in the Marlowe but just couldn't pull the trigger with a Randall Davis project. But, if others follow, I'll move downtown for sure. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, KinkaidAlum said:

Hopefully this will be as big for downtown as One Park Place was when it opened the floodgates on new apartments being viable in downtown. Downtown needs more and better options for ownership. I was tempted to buy in the Marlowe but just couldn't pull the trigger with a Randall Davis project. But, if others follow, I'll move downtown for sure. 

I do hope that the next few years yields several more new downtown buildings that are residential condos.  

• Like 2