Crimson: Gables Signature Collection Multifamily At 2220 Westcreek Ln.

GABLES-MAP-600x450.png

Gables Residential is planning to break ground in the second quarter of next year on a 15-story apartment building north of River Oaks District.

The yet-to-be-named building will have 300 units, averaging 1,400 square feet and priced in the range of $2.60 per square foot.

Ziegler Cooper designed the building, which will go up on a 2.5-acre site along Westcreek Lane between Westheimer and San Felipe.

Joshua Landry, area vice president of investments for Gables Residential, said the building will target “a sophisticated renter with a higher disposable income.”

“We are doing a higher level of service, concierge service and amenities we will offer will be different from other projects,” Landry said.

This is the company’s first high-rise in Houston, though it has built tall towers in other markets. the building should open about 20 months after construction starts.
  • Thanks 1

Urbannizer, All of these highrises going up is crazy unbelievable! Some may say well its only 15 floors, well I say its infill! Even if the design that comes out is not the greatest, there is plenty of space left in Houston for standout towers.

• Like 2

I made a quick sketch of Westcreek below. For the record, my cursef was deemed illegible by an assistant principal in middle school. The print below is my good handwriting.  :P

attachicon.gifWestcreek Development Sketch.jpg

Nice! Okay houstontexasjack, lets see if you can illustrate where the nearby office highrise tower that just got cancelled was supposed to be near there.

All these Westcreek developments are getting me confused.

If someone is so inclined, can we get a map of the area (like above) with each development labeled by former parcel?

If so inclined that is.

Thanks in advance... 

or it would be cool if someone could update the Houston devmap.

That is listed in the drawing as the Peloton office tower. Based on the Chronicle article yesterday, we have yet to see 1 hotel, 1 apartment complex, and 1 office building announced. I suspect the Peloton site will be needed for 2 of those 3 items.

Thanks, I see it now.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The aforementioned road is basically done.

Also, this is my last night on Westcreek Lane.

RIP The Old Westcreek Lane That Middle Class People Could Afford - ??? - December 31, 2014.

I will be moving to a far less exciting, but far more widely affordable boulevard - Winrock. 

Winrock is actually a nice street with all the foliage. Every time I drive down it you see kiddos walking to school, runners/joggers, all different age groups walking their dogs. Same with Fountain View north of San Felipe.

Winrock is actually a nice street with all the foliage. Every time I drive down it you see kiddos walking to school, runners/joggers, all different age groups walking their dogs. Same with Fountain View north of San Felipe.

I lived on Winrock for a few years in the early 2000s. Closer to Westheimer. I could write a book. good times.

Is there any news or rumors on any of the planned buildings for westcreek? Skyhouse is looking lonely.

• 4 weeks later...

Drove by the old building today (E) and they have a fence up around the parking lot, and of course the obligatory security guard in a Dodge Charger.

I wonder what happened in one of those buildings to cause them to hire security. ROD had security for the vacant buildings for a few months (they sat empty for 6 months total). But then, B & D didn't have any security when they were empty. Then all of a sudden, security again for A/C/F.

It's certainly better than dealing with the construction on Westcreek.

Except for those 1990's apartments - the entire length of Westcreek, from Westheimer to San Felipe, is going to be construction.

I wonder what the occupancy rate is at those apartments.

Edited by MikeRichardson
  • Like 4