-

Timoric

The Bay Area is beautiful in the way urbanists like, while Houston is mostly ugly, in the way fast-food chains like. The Bay Area is densely populated and great for walking, while Houston is sprawling, though much of the development over the past few years has been high-density hipster infill.

This article lost my interest after this. I could have wrote this.

This article lost my interest after this. I could have wrote this.

I think the the comments section is quite funny. The success of Houston has bred some jealousy and contempt for our city. Of course, most of the commenters subscribe to a very reductive narrative about the city based on perceptions of sprawl, pollution, politics, and disdain for the energy industry. And I'm fine with these perceptions if they help to throttle our growth. I like that Houston is growing, but there is such as thing a growing too fast. 

I love the comments! We're a bunch of rednecks.

Meanwhile, the big news in Houston is that our lesbian mayor is trying to distance herself from City Attorneys who've issued subpoenas for overtly political churches to turn over sermons. I dig it. If you're a church and you preach politics from the pulpit, we're gonna tax your ass!

And, over in New York, the big news story is a white cop robbing a black man all while being filmed. The NYPD's response has been to ask the public to please stop filming them! 

Meanwhile, the big news in Houston is that our lesbian mayor is trying to distance herself from City Attorneys who've issued subpoenas for overtly political churches to turn over sermons. I dig it. If you're a church and you preach politics from the pulpit, we're gonna tax your ass!

Hmmm... I wonder what that would have meant for churches like Martin Luther King's that preached that segregation was unjust in God's eyes.

Archived