Sign in to follow this  
EllenOlenska

Domain--Four Story Apartment on Wellborn

I note this because it is the building that had Cafe Eccell move much to the chagrin of a few of my friends. (Eccell is now over on Texas on the Bryan-CS border.) It looks to be an apartment complex called the Domain (there are somewhat pedestrian renderings of it out there) but I only know that after some relatively casual googling.

post-12717-0-69065400-1413211931_thumb.jpost-12717-0-19758600-1413211893_thumb.j

post-12717-0-84933000-1413211869_thumb.j

• Like 2

Wow, I have not been over that way in a while. I thought it was going to be a highrise. Or at least that is what I was wanting to go there. Still an improvement for Northgate.

Edited by citykid09

Better than stucco?

Actually...yeah. Hardy Plank is the absolute low on my materials list. It's just plain aweful. At least with stucco its a real material with texture and you can make it look good. Hardy Plank is just sooooo cheap.

• Like 1

So this is where Café Eccel used to be?

Yes, and Cafe Eccel moved to where Luby's use to be on Texas Ave.

Having seen it in real life, the Hardie board siding is cheap, especially the slim cut and the nasty yellow paint used. It looks unfinished, though painting it a dark brown could probably lessen the nasty visual effect.

• Like 1

This turned out much better than I expected (since the bar was so low.) The greenery around and climbing the fence is rather nice in real life. 

IMG_1191IMG_1190IMG_1189

Edited by EllenOlenska