Guys, I knew about this building and the others around and how tall they are and what they look like. My sister works for the graphic designing of the brochures, I knew about this but couldn't say. I knew about the name change and everything. I just can't say anything about this but yea...that's all I can say. 

suspicion.gif

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys, I knew about this building and the others around and how tall they are and what they look like. My sister works for the graphic designing of the brochures, I knew about this but couldn't say. I knew about the name change and everything. I just can't say anything about this but yea...that's all I can say. 

Or you could have not told us about your sister and spilled the beans anyways. You lose anonymity.

k907x.jpg

actually, i harbor no issues with this current design / scope / scale of ARABELLA.  imho, this design / concept is ultra modern, cool, with a distinct euro / asian flair.  this design / concept, would fit right at home in florida / los angeles.  houstonians, are now suddenly becoming more and more comfortable with this particular ultra modern design within our own backyard.  

however, let us please be very honest here, if i could speak on behalf of most HAIFER'S.... our innermost concerns are whether or not our good pal randall, shall construct this most promising design / concept, to its actual current scale.  isn't this what we are really concerned about?  

actually, i harbor no issues with this current design / scope / scale of ARABELLA.  imho, this design / concept is ultra modern, cool, with a distinct euro / asian flair.  this design / concept, would fit right at home in florida / los angeles.  houstonians, are now suddenly becoming more and more comfortable with this particular ultra modern design within our own backyard.  

however, let us please be very honest here, if i could speak on behalf of most HAIFER'S.... our innermost concerns are whether or not our good pal randall, shall construct this most promising design / concept, to its actual current scale.  isn't this what we are really concerned about?  

As one who works in the field I not only care about the design itself, but also how it is presented in the media and to clients. While I'm satisfied with the design itself (its not like its blowing me away or anything. It actually looks a tad similar in make up to the one tower on Kirby near Westheimer), I'm actually quite disappointed by its presentation. This latest rendering is lazy at best and inept at worst. I understand the near ubiquitous nature of google maps (I mean students and professionals alike all use streetviews and perspectives as backgrounds), but this shouldn't be used as a quick short cut. It honestly doesn't take very long to dress this up a little bit so the image itself isn't so jarring. It takes focus away from the design itself and puts focus on the google image that was not very well executed at all.

EDIT: Oh wow it's worse than I thought! Going onto their website they do the same thing for the Marlowe and Chateau buildings....what a tragedy.

however, let us please be very honest here, if i could speak on behalf of most HAIFER'S.... our innermost concerns are whether or not our good pal randall, shall construct this most promising design / concept, to its actual current scale. isn't this what we are really concerned about?

Eh, I doubt it. They've already got a model and stuff made in the leasing office and should be starting sales soon. Once theyve started selling units I don't see how they could go back with a redesign without risking the existing buyers opting out of their contracts.

As one who works in the field I not only care about the design itself, but also how it is presented in the media and to clients. While I'm satisfied with the design itself (its not like its blowing me away or anything. It actually looks a tad similar in make up to the one tower on Kirby near Westheimer), I'm actually quite disappointed by its presentation. This latest rendering is lazy at best and inept at worst. I understand the near ubiquitous nature of google maps (I mean students and professionals alike all use streetviews and perspectives as backgrounds), but this shouldn't be used as a quick short cut. It honestly doesn't take very long to dress this up a little bit so the image itself isn't so jarring. It takes focus away from the design itself and puts focus on the google image that was not very well executed at all.

EDIT: Oh wow it's worse than I thought! Going onto their website they do the same thing for the Marlowe and Chateau buildings....what a tragedy.

you do realize that these renderings are being pulled from a real estate investment firm's website, right? although i'm sure they could have taken a little more effort in selecting the renderings on their site i doubt they very much care - the renderings are just placeholders for the investment terms they are trying to advertise. it's not like these are being pulled from RD's website or the architects.

find something better to focus your ire towards.

I thought this project had a better than average name until I noticed the accent. Rhymes with parabola?

Good catch. I think the "e" in "bella" is pronounced slightly differently, but the emphasis is on the same syllable. Normally, my inclination would be to emphasize the second-to-last syllable ("a-ra-BEL-la"), but that accent mark makes me think a-RA-bel-la.

It is is a nice looking building, but RD has to have something about a project that is slightly off. Next, maybe we will find out the "e" in "Marlowe" is not silent.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/columnists/sarnoff/article/Manhattan-architecture-influences-condo-developer-6221743.php#photo-7871744

For his newest condo project, Randall Davis wants to bring a slice of the Big Apple to Houston.

Davis is proposing to build a 34-story residential tower in the Galleria area that would incorporate similar design elements from Manhattan's poshest towers.

Each floor plan will have a New York name like Rockefeller, Tribeca or Soho.

The site of the tower, which will be called Arabella, is on San Felipe at Westcreek, just north of the coming River Oaks District mixed-use project.

Davis is asking between $800,000 and $4 million for the building's 109 units.

Six of the units will have their own swimming pools, and many will have private elevator entries. Penthouses also have 12-foot ceilings and heated floors in the master bathrooms.

The building has been designed so that some of the units will extend beyond the glass facade.

"It's the most complicated building I've never tried to put up, and it's also the most interesting because the face of the building is not flat," Davis said.

The tower would be developed in partnership with Roberto Contreras. The two have joined on other projects and have used a federal program where international investors can attain U.S. visas to help finance their real estate deals. Davis said they plan to use the program for just a small component of Arabella's financing. A Chinese real estate investment firm is also providing capital for the project.

Davis said he hopes to pre-sell at least 30 units before breaking ground.

Archived