yeah. its a bummer Mike lost his apartment due to the Westcreek redevelopment, but no need to be bitter about it.. the writing was on the walls for years that this place would come down for forthcoming gentrification.. i dont think anyone was surprised.

as for our boy Randys Westcreek tower.. the leasing office has remained pretty much untouched as far as i can tell since they finished removing all the Astoria signage..

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

https://youtu.be/xk8mm1Qmt-Y

Finally! A Randall Davis design that belongs in this century. He was holding on to the late 90's like it was going out of style... While the name is pretty cheesy, it's a nice looking condo tower. I'm happy to see another one going up on the east side of the loop. Maybe someone took that mock RD Tower design on Swamplot to heart?

looks like a "skyhouse" in the right.  i haven't read the thread...so.....maybe this has been covered.  

if this is a randall davis, it looks like he may be dealing with the ugly parking garage pedestal problem which mars each of his uptown buildings.

looks like a "skyhouse" in the right.  i haven't read the thread...so.....maybe this has been covered.  

if this is a randall davis, it looks like he may be dealing with the ugly parking garage pedestal problem which mars each of his uptown buildings.

That Skyhouse is almost finished construction.

looks like a "skyhouse" in the right. i haven't read the thread...so.....maybe this has been covered.

It also does not have a theme.

its kind of a shame Novare was able to plop down a run of the mill SkyHouse on whats turning out to be such an otherwise prime/classy corridor of residential towers. ah well, they knew a good thing when they saw it and were the first to get out of the gate. can't blame them for that.

RandallDavis_PeopleIssue_LocalHoustonFeb

http://localhoustonmagazine.com/thepeopleissue/8/

Randall Davis is a happy guy. And why shouldn’t he be? As one of Houston’s most prominent real estate developers, he is largely responsible for spearheading and nurturing the city’s ever-growing enthusiasm for urban living. What began with the renovation and transformation of a historic 1911 building – now known as Dakota Lofts – in the city’s Warehouse District back in the early 1990s has become a real-estate empire with a booming stable of high-rise and mid-rise buildings. Currently, the Randall Davis Company has a number of projects in various stages of development spread across the city. Under construction are the 29-story Astoria, featuring 75 residences of which only two are still for sale, and the Chateau Ten Sunset, a sixstory mid-rise near Rice University with 10 residences. Another building – the Chateau Ten River Oaks – is finished and sold out.

“Houstonians are clamoring for high-rise living,” says Natalie Davis, who happens to be the company’s director of marketing and director of operations as well as the founder’s daughter. “We see a variety of people who love transitioning from home to high-rise.” Given the proliferation – and success – of Davis’ projects, it’s pretty clear that high-rise living is hot. Inventory is scarce, and developers can’t work fast enough to add more. In fact, Davis has two more structures already in the planning stages. Located in downtown Houston, the 20-story Marlowe will feature 100 residences, with prices starting at $500,000 per unit. The second, yet-to-be-named 30- story high-rise is near The Galleria, boasting 100 to 115 pricey units that will cost anywhere from $750,000 to $5 million.

Judging from that picture, maybe a better name for this new building would be The Botox.

Speaking of names, can we please stop with the Manhattan/NYC names? I mean, I know nothing says SoHo like being located directly on Loop 610 adjacent to a massive surface parking lot for a suburban Target... but you know what they say about low hanging fruit.

I mean it's only the second one here...this isn't China where you see 20 copies of the same bundling all clumped together....I don't think it's fair to call Skyhouse "run of the mill" just yet...maybe on the Skyhouse Main thread ;)

i have nothing against the SkyHouse design or Novares business tactics.. (in fact i wouldn't mind one or two more across the metro) i just think the design and style of development is rather unfitting given the grand developments proposed to line Westcreek. but alas, when SkyHouse was announced plans for Westcreek were much different. maybe something classy will be built on that "office" parcel in front of SkyHouse, along 610.. heh.

Archived